- duration 3.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Unravel the labyrinth of souks in the Marrakech medina
- Visit secret shopping spots away from the tourist trail that you would never be able to find on your own
- Meet local artisans and learn about their traditional craft methods
- Get access to exclusive price discounts and learn how to haggle in Arabic
Moroccan shopping doesn’t have to be a mystery — all you really need to master the medina is a local to show you how it’s done! Visit hidden stalls, shop for real-deal souvenirs like leather, lamps, shoes, carpets, spices, and argan oil, and learn to haggle like a true Marrakech insider. Bonus: we’ve even scored a few exclusive discounts just for this tour.
The famed medina of Marrakech is a shopper’s paradise, but with literally thousands of shops packed into a maze of small alleyways, it can be an overwhelming experience — even for locals!
To help you make the most of the medina, we’ll take you to the best shops, where local artisans are crafting and selling unique wares — no lousy souvenirs on this tour! You’ll meet with artists who are specialists in their fields and learn about their family businesses and their work, and feel the passion for what they do.
Because we know no two shoppers want the same things, we’ll ask the group at the start of the tour which items they’re most interested in finding. From there, we’ll create a customised itinerary that best suits the group. We will aim to visit at least 5 artisans, which could include:
A local leather shop where you can find Moroccan-style carpet bags, leather handbags, and jackets
A jeweller specialising in silver and beadwork from the far reaches of Morocco
A local herbalist where you can find spices and argan oil
Our favourite carpet shop in Marrakech, which offers fixed prices (a rarity in Morocco!) and even a special discount for Urban Adventures travellers
A local artisan who makes his own range of leather shoes, including Moroccan slippers, and who can also make tailor-made shoes for you within 48 hours
Exclusive access to a wholesaler of homewares/souvenirs deep in the medina
Ladies’ fashion outlets, including a sumptuous caftan shop and a silk scarf vendor
A wondrous lamp shop that sells a variety of high-quality filigree
A veritable Aladdin’s cave of locally sourced homewares and furniture frequented by local riad owners and Hollywood movie stars
We’ll also provide you with a shopping map, so that even after the tour finishes, you can still seek out all our favourite secret shops during your stay in Marrakech.
As you browse, your guide will teach you the art of bargaining. Learning a few key Arabic words and phrases can make a big difference during your shopping adventures!
Along the way, we’ll also visit a few street workshops where local craftsmen practice their trades. Watch a master ceramic tile-maker at work and stop into a filigree workshop where those famous Moroccan lamps are created.
We’ll finish off the afternoon with a rest stop in the delightful Henna Café, where you’ll get to try local sweets and try Berber tea. Best of all, it’s food for good: proceeds from the commissions of your tour go to a local women’s project jointly funded by Urban Adventures and Henna Café.
Want to shop solo? We also offer this tour as a private tour, customised to match your own shopping desires!
- Free delivery of bulky goods to your hotel
- Local English-speaking guide
- Shopping map
- Shopping discounts
- Afternoon tea
- Shipping costs of your goods to your home country (most of our artisans are experienced with shipping bulky goods and can arrange this for you)
- additional food and drink or items of a personal nature
- tips and gratuities for your guide
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Made In Marrakech Shopping Tour: Secrets of the Medina tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Made In Marrakech Shopping Tour: Secrets of the Medina tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Made In Marrakech Shopping Tour: Secrets of the Medina tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Outside Café France in Djemaa El-Fna SquareMeeting end point :
Dar El BachaCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.