- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- age_requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Savour a traditional dinner made by a local Marrakech family
- Navigate through the narrow alleyways of the mellah, the city’s former Jewish quarter
- Learn about and experience Moroccan hospitality
- Taste typical local dishes such as couscous, roast Moroccan chicken and lamb with prunes and almonds
Is there anything better than a home cooked meal? That’s exactly what you’ll get on this food-focused Marrakech tour. Explore some of the city’s highlights with a local guide before visiting a local family who will serve us some authentic Moroccan dishes. While we eat we’ll learn more about Moroccan hospitality and culture in between bites of delicious food and sips of fresh fruit juice.
This is your chance to share an authentic Moroccan dinner with a local family on this tasty Marrakech tour that begins with some sightseeing alongside a local guide.
We’ll start our tour with a walk through the Mellah, Marrakech’s former Jewish quarter. As we walk, we’ll pass El Badi Palace, a former palace, now in ruins, built by the Saadian Sultan Ahmed al-Mansur Dhahbi to celebrate victory over the Portuguese army. Today, the complex is a stage for the Marrakech Laughter Festival.
Continuing on our walk, we’ll find ourselves by the forgotten Rue de Berrima. This is where we might catch a glimpse of the city’s many majestic storks roosting high above. At one time, storks were considered holy in Morocco with some stories explaining that they were once believed to be transformed humans.
We’ll spend some time navigating the small alleyways of the area until it’s time for the best part: our home cooked Moroccan meal. We’ll make our way to a local family home to greet our hosts who will serve us some mint tea made the local way — with a lot of sugar. They’ll share stories with us about the tea, how it’s made, and why it’s Morocco’s national drink.
After having tea and getting to know more about our hosts, it’s time to eat! We’ll be served Moroccan salads and fresh, home-baked bread while waiting for the main course. Dishes will vary depending on the season and availability on the day but you can expect dishes such as lamb with prunes and almonds, couscous and roast Moroccan chicken. Vegetarian options will be available too. No matter what’s on the menu, you can be sure it will be delicious. Refreshing juice will be served on the side and we’ll finish the meal with whatever fruits are in season.
After thanking the family for their hospitality, we’ll take a walk to Jemaa el-Fnaa, Marrakech’s main square, for a digestive tea and to see how the square comes alive at night.
You’ll end the night with a full stomach, new friends and some insight into Moroccan hospitality and culture.
- Dinner to include fresh salads
- Local English-speaking guide
- One main course and fresh fruits for dessert
- Mint tea
- Digestive tea.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Home Cooked Marrakech tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Home Cooked Marrakech tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Home Cooked Marrakech tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Kosybar. Address: Place des Ferblantiers، Rue de Berrima، MarrakechMeeting end point :
Jameaa El fena SquareCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.