- duration 11 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek to the summit of Mount Toubkal (4167m)
- Walk through traditional Berber villages in the High Atlas Mountains
- Cross the impressive and remote Tizi n'Ougalzim (3700m)
- Explore the gardens, mosques, palaces and souqs of Marrakesh
Trek to Mt Toubkal in the High Atlas Mountains of Morocco and explore Marrakesh. A superb introduction to the mountains and traditions of Morocco, this trip combines a trek in the High Atlas Mountains with visits to the medinas and palaces of Marrakesh. Explore the narrow alleyways of the souqs and admire exquisite architecture in one of the country's most impressive imperial cities. Outside the bustle of Marrakesh we walk through traditional Berber villages, following trails to alpine pastures set beneath the impressive backdrop of the peaks of the High Atlas mountain range. We learn to respect the simplicity of life in these mountain villages and are awed by spectacular scenery. An ascent of Jebal Toubkal (4167m), the highest mountain in Morocco, is something to aim for on our trek. Not to be under-estimated, reaching the summit is a great achievement and a fitting highlight to round out this adventure.
Day 1 : Join Marrakesh
Day 2 : Visit medinas, palaces and gardens in Marrakesh
Day 3 : At leisure in Marrakesh
Day 4 : Drive to Azzadene Valley (approx. 3.5 hours), trek to Tiziane (1600m, 5 hours)
Day 5 : Trek to Tizgui (1800m, approx 6 hours)
Day 6 : To Tizi Oussem (1850m approx 5-6 hours)
Day 7 : Tazagharte refuge (3000m, approx 5 hours)
Day 8 : Trek to Refuge Nelter (3200m approx 6-7 hours)
Day 9 : Summit of Mount Toubkal (4167m, approx 7 hours)
Day 10 : To Imlil (approx 5 hours); drive to Marrakesh
Day 11 : Trip concludes in Marrakesh
- 11 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 6 dinners
- Arrival & departure transfers (Days 1 & 11 only)
- Private transport
- English speaking tour leader, cook and camp crew
- City guide in Marrakesh
- 4 nights in traditional riads on a twinshare basis
- 2 nights in local homestay on a twinshare basis
- 4 nights fully supported camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent, sleeping bag and mat
- Mules and mule handlers to carry personal and group equipment on trek
- Mineral water during trek
- Park entrance and trek fees as listed in itinerary
- Emergency medical kit
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Arrival & departure transfers if not arriving/ departing on Days 1 & 11
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 40 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 312 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 30 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
High Atlas Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this High Atlas Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.