- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek to the summit of Mount Toubkal (4167m)
- Walk through traditional Berber villages in the High Atlas Mountains
- Cross the impressive and remote Tizi n'Ougalzim (3700m)
- Explore the gardens, mosques, palaces and souqs of Marrakesh
Trek to Mt Toubkal in the High Atlas Mountains of Morocco and explore Marrakesh. A superb introduction to the mountains and traditions of Morocco, this trip combines a trek in the High Atlas Mountains with visits to the medinas and palaces of Marrakesh. Explore the narrow alleyways of the souqs and admire exquisite architecture in one of the country's most impressive imperial cities. Outside the bustle of Marrakesh we walk through traditional Berber villages, following trails to alpine pastures set beneath the impressive backdrop of the peaks of the High Atlas mountain range. We learn to respect the simplicity of life in these mountain villages and are awed by spectacular scenery. An ascent of Jebal Toubkal (4167m), the highest mountain in Morocco, is something to aim for on our trek. Not to be under-estimated, reaching the summit is a great achievement and a fitting highlight to round out this adventure.
Day 1 : Join Marrakesh
Day 2 : Visit medinas, palaces and gardens in Marrakesh
Day 3 : Drive to Azzadene Valley (approx 3.5 hrs drive) & trek to Tiziane (1600m, 5 hrs)
Day 4 : Trek to Tizgui (1800m, approx 6 hrs)
Day 5 : To Tizi Oussem (1850m, approx 5 hrs)
Day 6 : Tazagharte refuge (3000m, approx 5 hrs)
Day 7 : Trek to Refuge Nelter (3200m approx 6-7 hrs)
Day 8 : Summit of Mount Toubkal (4167m, approx 7 hrs)
Day 9 : Trek to Imlil (approx 5 hrs); drive to Marrakesh (approx 1.5 hrs drive)
Day 10 : Trip concludes in Marrakesh
- 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 7 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 10 only)
- Private transport
- English speaking tour leader, cook and camp crew
- City guide in Marrakesh
- 3 nights in traditional riads on a twinshare basis
- 2 nights in local homestay on a twinshare basis
- 4 nights fully supported camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent, sleeping bag and mat
- Mules and mule handlers to carry personal and group equipment on trek
- Mineral water during trek
- Park entrance and trek fees as listed in itinerary
- Emergency medical kit
- International flights and airport taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers (if not arriving Day 1 or departing Day 10)
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks; mineral water (except on trek)
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this High Atlas Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 December 2021, a deposit of 1500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
High Atlas Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this High Atlas Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.