- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Atlas Mountains Take a crazy mule ride to a remote Berber village and an exhilarating bike ride.
- Ouarzazate Visit the Atlas Film Studios, the film set of Gladiator and Lawrence of Arabia.
- Tidri Dunes Travel like a nomad in a camel caravan in the desert
- Berber Villages Visit the oases and villages of the Draa Valley and meet the local friendly Berber people.
An active adventure in the Moroccan wilderness exploring North Africa's highest mountains and the world's largest desert. Ride mules in the High Atlas and cycle the southern mountain slopes. Explore the great Sahara desert by camel, sleeping in a traditional Berber tent among the dunes. Finally discover the ancient city of Marrakech and experience the evening street entertainment on the Djemma El Fna Square. Atlas Mountains villages - Head into the remote Atlas region of the fertile Tighza valley by mule and stay overnight in a traditional Berber gite, enjoying local hospitality. Sahara Desert - Travel to a desert camp by camel, spend a night camping under the stars. Marrakech - Explore the captivating medina and Djemma el Fna with its snake charmers and lively food stalls.
Pleasant travelling companions.
The young people had good fun.
Pleased about mules, bikes and camels, adding interest and activity for youth. Quality of mountain bikes better than I anticipated.
Looking for similar trip next Christmas with range of similar activities over and above sightseeing.”
Day 1 : Join trip in Marrakech
Day 2 : Drive to Anmiter and ride mules up to the remote Atlas village of Tighza
Day 3 : Morning valley hike; drive to Ait Ben Haddou for a tour of the historic Kasbah
Day 4 : Bike ride to Ouarzazate; visit film studios and drive to Tamnougalt
Day 5 : Drive via Zagora to Tiraf dunes in the desert; afternoon camel ride
Day 6 : Visit Tamegroute; drive to Ouarzazate
Day 7 : Drive to Marrakech; afternoon city tour
Day 8 : Trip ends in Marrakech
- 4 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple gite
- 1 night comfortable kasbah
- 1 night simple camping
- 7 Breakfast, 4 Lunch, 2 Dinner
- Bus, Minibus, On Foot
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s)
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family Atlas Mountain and Sahara Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 35+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family Atlas Mountain and Sahara Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 January 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family Atlas Mountain and Sahara Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family Atlas Mountain and Sahara Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.