- Desert safaris
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 45
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Djemaa El Fna Square in Marrakech
- High Atlas mountains
- Tizi n Tichka pass
- Merzouga Desert
This eight-day small-group Morocco tour is a great way to explore this beautiful country for the very first time, taking in its bustling medinas, its beautiful desert regions and enjoying the local Moroccan cuisine.
The Desert and Kasbahs tour begins and ends in the busy city of Marrakech but focuses on the stunning mountains and desert scenery of Morocco. After leaving Marrakech, we cross the Atlas Mountains through the Tizi n Tichka Pass before descending through the hills to the desert plains around Ouarzazate. Then we're going back to the hills to Skoura Oasis, the Valley of the Roses and the Dades Canyon.
The tour then heads out to the edge of the Sahara Desert at Merzouga, where you can take an optional sunrise camel ride amongst the spectacular sand dunes. You can also spend the night in a comfortable Berber camp next to the dunes.
A further drive through the shifting desert landscape past the tiny villages of Amazigh takes us to the remote town of Zagora, home to Morocco 's largest palm valley. Our tour of the area includes Tamegroute with its pottery and the famous library that hosts some significant ancient Koranic scripts. We'll then drive through the Draa Valley to Ouarzazate, home to the Atlas studios, where many international film productions have taken advantage of the thrilling scenery. Here we'll visit the Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou-a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then we'll head back across the Atlas Mountains to visit Marrakech for the last time.
Accommodation is in mid-range boutique style hotels, kasbahs and riads, along with the desert camp alternative.
Day 1 Welcome to the city of Marrakech
Day 2: Exploring Marrakech
Day 3: Dades via Skoura
Day 4: Todra Gorge, Tinghir and Merzouga
Day 5: Zagora via the Amazigh villages of Alnif & Tazarine
Day 6: Agdez and Ouarzazate
Day 7: Return to Marrakech via Ait Benhaddou
Day 8: Your Moroccan adventure is coming to an end
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- English speaking guides for sightseeing visits
- Entrances fees to monuments as stated
- International Flights
- Visa fees
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guide & driver
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 86 today.
- Earn US$ 57+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Desert & Kasbahs tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 December 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Desert & Kasbahs tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Desert & Kasbahs tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.