- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Ride from the Atlas Mountains to the coast
- Conquer challenging climbs and exciting descents
- Explore Marrakech and Essaouira
Encompassing the best of Morocco, this trip will take us past the foothills of Mt Toubkal, golden Kasbahs, impressive gorges and the long sandy beach of Essaouira. This spectacular route follows smooth tarmac roads and climbs over high mountain passes that reward you with spectacular vistas of the High Atlas Mountains. A real highlight is riding through Paradise Valley, close to Imouzzer, where a palm-filled valley leads to a high pass with views down to the ocean below. After all the riding we will receive a warm welcome from a range of great hotels including a traditional riad.
Day 1: Start Marrakech.
Day 2: Transfer to Tadmamt; cycle in the foothills of Mt Toubkal to Ijoukak.
Day 3: Challenging climb followed by exhilarating descent from Tizi n'Test Pass
(2100m) to Oulad Berhil; overnight in traditional riad.
Day 4: Cycle towards Tafraoute in Anti Atlas Mountains; optional transfer/ride to
see the famous Blue Rocks.
Day 5: Pass pink houses and kasbahs en route to Ait Baha Lake; transfer to Agadir.
Day 6: Spectacular ride through the Paradise Valley; climb to Imouzzer.
Day 7: Cycle through traditional villages and palmaris to Essouira.
Day 8: Free morning in Essaouira; transfer to Marrakech; free time.
Day 9: End Marrakech.
- 6 nights hotels, 2 nights in traditional Moroccan riads , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners
- 6 days cycling with full vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 90% tarmac, 10% unsurfaced roads
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader and drivers. Min age 16 yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Morocco's Great South tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Morocco's Great South tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Morocco's Great South tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Morocco's Great South tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.