- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- age_requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stay in a traditional Moroccan village
- Walking amidst beautiful mountain scenery
- Discover the fascinating culture and traditions of the Berber people
- Experience the vibrant city of Marrakech
The perfect introduction to Morocco; an insight into the colourful city of Marrakech along with some varied walking exploring the striking High Atlas Mountains. Based in the remote and picturesque village of Tijhza, were we stay in a simple but pleasant riad and enjoy optional walks each day.The pace is relaxed, allowing us to enjoy the scenery of the mountains and learn about the way of life of the friendly Berber people. You will also have the opportunity to experience a traditional hammam, as part of Exodus' ongoing responsible tourism project in Tijhza. Our time in Marrakech sees us exploring palaces and busy souks with free evenings to enjoy Jemaa el-Fnaa famous for its street food, juice sellers and musicians.
Day 1: Start Marrakech.
Day 2: Explore Marrakech; visit the Djemaa el-Fna Square to explore labyrinth of
souks with our expert guide. Free afternoon.
Day 3: Drive to Anmiter; walk to Tijhza and explore.
Day 4: A moderate 6-hour loop through the Tizi'n'Ourghsan and back down the Ouarikt
River to the village.
Day 5: Hike up and around Mt n'Oughlagal (2600m). Afternoon Hammam.
Day 6: Optional harder day, with the chance to trek to beautiful Lake Tamda. This is
a very long day, 9-10 hours trekking, and if preferred the guide can offer a
shorter route on this day instead.
Day 7: Walk to Anmiter; drive to Marrakech via the highest mountain road in the
Atlas. Free afternoon for shopping or a visit to the Majorelle Gardens.
Day 8: End Marrakech.
- 4 nights riad, 3 nights 4-star hotel with en suite facilities and pool , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners
- Travel by private minibus
- 4 days centre-based walking
- Group normally 5 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 2600m, average 1900m
- Countries visited: Morocco
- Free transfers
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Atlas Panorama tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Atlas Panorama tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Atlas Panorama tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Atlas Panorama tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.