- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Mount Kilimanjaro & Uhuru Peak
- Diverse scenery on the climb: rainforest, moorland, alpine desert giant senecios plants and glacial fields
- Spectacular views of Tanzania and Kenya
- From the summit of Kilimanjaro
Reach for the skies and climb to the summit of the world’s tallest free-standing mountain and the highest point in Africa, following the quieter and more scenic Rongai route. Are you ready for the challenge?
Day: 1 Mount Kilimanjaro
Day: 2 Trek to Rongai Campsite (2600m)
Day: 3 Trek to Kikelewa Campsite (3600m)
Day: 4 Trek to Mawenzi Tarn Camp (4330m)
Day: 5 Trek to Kibo Camp (4750m)
Day: 6 The Summit (5896m)
Day: 7 Final Descent
Day: 8 Marangu
- 2 nights hotel and 5 nights camping
- Return transfers from hotel to park gate
- Camping and safety equipment (except Sleeping Bag and Mat)
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners
- Airport transfers on days 1 and 8
- All road taxes and tolls
- Trek briefing. Services of English speaking mountain guide, cooks and porters
- All national park and rescue fees
- Porterage of 1 bag (15kg max)
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - please refer to Trip Notes
- Trekking equipment - see Trip Notes for kit list
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 144+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mt Kilimanjaro Climb - 8 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mt Kilimanjaro Climb - 8 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mt Kilimanjaro Climb - 8 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.