- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The Rongai Route approaches from the north and offers a unique perspective on Kilimanjaro, as well as being the quietest of all the routes.
- Experience the incredible African sunrise from Mt Kilimanjaro – the ultimate reward for conquering Africa's premier peak.
- Hike through the dense greenery of Mt Kilimanjaro’s foothills, spotting native creatures and wildflowers along the way.
- Witness the jagged beauty of the Mawenzi cirque during a hike through highaltitude desert, then camp by a lake that lies beneath the 5149metre peaks.
Tackle Mt Kilimanjaro via the quiet wilderness of the Rongai Route on this eight-day Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid. Approach the striking mountain from the north for the opportunity to see mountainside animals like monkeys and even the occasional elephant. Traverse through rich forests along the north-eastern side, then trek to the summit at dawn for a spectacular sunrise. With an expert crew of local porters, guides and cooks, you’re in capable hands for a hike that promises to be unforgettable.
Kibo Camp/Uhuru Peak
Uhuru Peak/Horombo Camp
- Camping (with facilities) (5 nights), Hotel (2 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- An expert tour leader
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Trek Briefing
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Complimentary equipment hire (sleeping bag and walking poles) - must be requested at time of booking
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Services of experienced English speaking mountain guides (first-aid qualified) cooks and porters (a minimum of 1 guide to every 2)
- Fully catered trek including National Park entrance fees, climbing fee, tented camps with toilet tent & rescue services (6 days)
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Porterage of 1 bag (9kg/20lb max)
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Return transfers from hotel to park gate
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Emergency oxygen and comprehensive first aid kits
- Rongai - Kilimanjaro Porters Assitance Project
- Any international flights to/from Marangu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kilimanjaro: Rongai Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 122+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kilimanjaro: Rongai Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 17 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro: Rongai Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro: Rongai Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- You'll need a good level of fitness for this trip. The distances may not be long, but the altitude makes it much harder than your average uphill hike. The going will be slow as your body adjusts.
- Parts of your trip go above 2800 metres (9200 feet) where it is common for travellers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude.
- Tried and tested all-purpose hiking equipment is required. Temperatures at night can get very low when you're above 3500 metres, so warm clothing and a sleeping bag are essential. You can hire this equipment if need be.
- Your safety comes first. All our guides and trek leaders have been trained by independent, UK-based medical specialists and are proficient in first aid. They also carry oxygen cylinders on all treks for emergency use.
- Hiking for several days without a shower can be tough – be prepared for some dust and dirt. A mask, wet wipes and a face washer may become your best friends!
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions