- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 6
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike through the Philippines' mountain province
- See the famous rice terraces of Banaue and Hapao
- Enjoy a sunrise view from Maligcon
- Experience the authentic culture of the mountain people
Take an overnight bus from Manila to Banaue, the first destination of this hiking trip. See its famous rice terraces. Hike to Bontoc, where you will visit a museum dedicated to the people of the Cordillera. Enjoy stunning sunrise views from Maligcong. Travel to Hapao, believed to have the oldest rice terraces in the country.
Stay in village inns throughout the duration of the hike and get the chance to learn more about the life of the people who live in these mountains. We have purposefully not revealed the names of all but the major destinations you will be travelling to during this trip to keep them hidden. Don't be surprised if we ask you to take an oath of secrecy.
Day 1: Manila – Banaue
Day 2: Banaue – Bontoc – Maligcon
Day 3: Maligcon
Day 4: Maligcon – Sadanga
Day 5: Sadanga – Hapao – Manila
Day 6: Arrive in Manila
- Land transportation throughout the duration of the trip as per the itinerary
- Accommodation during the trip
- Fees associated with the specified activities
- A professional, English-speaking tour guide
- Food and beverages
- Expenses that are personal in nature
- Anything not mentioned on the itinerary and the 'What's Included' section
- Earn US$ 17+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe physical demand of the trip is high, with two days involving 4 to 7 hours of hiking on moderately hilly to steep terrain. If you do not have a regular exercise routine, we suggest you get at least one month of exercise before the trip. The fitter you are, the more fun you will have! Accommodations will be in very basic village homestays that have running water and communal bathrooms. You will need a large bag (preferably a backpack) that can hold all of your things for the duration of the trip. You will also need a good pair of hiking shoes and another smaller pack (a backpack or a shoulder pack). Details on gear requirements and packing recommendations will be sent to you after you have booked your trip.