- duration 7 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
As you cycle among the ancient temples on your route from Mandalay to Bagan you'll also soon be impressed by the diversity of its people, culture, and topography which all make Burma one of the region’s most fascinating and beautiful countries.
Our trip takes us from Kipling’s Mandalay on the imperious Irrawaddy River, to the temples at Bagan, before flying back to the capital, Yangon. We'll ride around Mandalay stopping at the famous 200-year-old teak U Bein bridge whilst greeting warm, friendly people. We visit the ancient city of Bagan and cycle amongst the pagodas, stupas, and temples dominating a river valley that once formed the centre of a great and deeply religious empire. The sunset view of Bagan's skyline is something you will truly never forget. On our way back through Yangon we visit the Shwedagon Paya, Burma’s holiest religious site, before heading to the airport for the flight home.
Recommended additional activity in Bagan: Start your day with a scenic hot air balloon ride and enjoy the stunning aerial view of surrounding area, including exquisite temples and its golden stupas. Contact us for more information
I am an avid cyclist and was ever so excited to be part of the Myanmar trip. THANK YOU for accepting me on the Myanmar tour. It will stay in my heart forever.”
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Bike Hire Included
- Any international flights to Mandalay and from Yangon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Burma Heritage by Bicycle tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with SpiceRoads. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 88 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 58 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 499 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 27 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Burma Heritage by Bicycle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Burma Heritage by Bicycle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information Minimum Participants The minimum number of Participant for this trip is 2