- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Spend 6 nights on a gulet in the Maldives
- Discover unspoilt islands, pristine beaches and idyllic atolls
- Snorkel with Whale sharks, sea turtles, a variety of marine life and Manta rays (in season)
Awake to the sun rising over the azure ocean, snorkel areas of stunning beauty and abundant marine life including Manta rays, Whale sharks, Green, Hawksbill and Olive Ridley turtles as well as Bottlenose and Spinner dolphins. Visit unspoiled islands by day and by night relax on deck gazing at the millions of stars above you. A traditionally crafted Turkish Gulet complete with sails is the perfect way to experience the magic of the Maldives.*Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures.**Last updated: 11 November 2020*At Exodus, we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up to date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday, and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in our Travel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">TravelSafety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below.*Entry requirements.*For all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We therefore encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that is https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice In">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra... order to meet the new immigration requirements for Maldives you should note the following: * All travellers to the Maldives must fill in an online health declaration Traveller Health Declaration form https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/ethd/create" target="_blank"> before">https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/ethd/create before departure to the Maldives. The online health declaration form must be completed within the 24 hour period prior to arrival in the Maldives and requires your PCR certificate to be uploaded. * You will be required to produce certification proving a recent negative COVID test result. The test and negative PCR certificate must be issued no more than 96 hours prior to departure. Full details will be sent to you no later than 4 weeks before departure. * All visitors to Maldives are encouraged to install the contact tracing application ‘Trace Ekee’ upon or before arrival into the country. * Temperature checks and screening procedures will be in place on arrival. Quarantine facilities have been set up to isolate any suspected cases of COVID-19. Travellers presenting symptoms of COVID-19 upon arrival will be subjected to a PCR test at the traveller’s cost or at the cost of the tourist facility where the traveller is booked to stay in the Maldives. Additionally, local health authorities may conduct random testing, at no cost to travellers. * Please note that due to the nature of this trip and logistical challenges of travelling between areas of the Maldives, independent travel can incur a very high cost. Public transport is not readily available, and transfers are often by private boat. We would therefore strongly advise all customers to ensure that they have comprehensive travel insurance in place, which includes cover for COVID-19, and will cover them for these costs in the event they are required to travel to a medical facility.* Local COVID restrictions*Local regulations or guidelines in Maldives require visitors to: * Wear face mask-coverings at all times in all public places (including throughout the airport and during transfers and also required to be worn if any local islands visited) * Maintain social distancing where possible of 1 metre (3 feet) * Not gather in groups larger than 15 persons in public places * Currently there is a curfew in the Greater Male’ area (which includes Male’, Vilimale’ and Hulhumale’) from 12am to 4am (local time). There are no movement restrictions within the Greater Male’ area outside of these hours. Your leader will reconfirm the latest local government advice and requirements on arrival.*Itinerary changes*The itinerary changes required due to Covid-security measures are as following:Day 3: The Whale Shark Safari will be conducted by the local tour leader and Felicity crew instead of being accompanied by a member of MWSRP (Maldives Whale Shark Research Programme) Day 7: It will be not be possible to offer the optional walking tour in Male on this day. Please be advised, snorkelling equipment is available on-board. However, packing personal equipment you own & are familiar with ensures comfort and fit. If you opt to use the snorkel equipment provided on the Felicity then you *must* keep the same equipment for the whole trip and not swap/share.
Day 1: Start Male International Airport; board our boat, the Felicity; cruise
through South Male Atoll
Day 2: Turtle snorkelling safari in South Male Atoll; cross into Ari Atoll
Day 3: Full Day Whale shark safari with the Maldives Whale Shark Research Programme
Day 4: Morning Whale shark safari; afternoon snorkelling in South Ari Atoll
Day 5: Morning Manta ray snorkelling (in season); afternoon cruise back into South
Day 6: Cruise back to Male
Day 7: Disembark boat and transfer to Male International Airport; end of trip
- All accommodation
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 6 nights in twin cabins on board the Felicity, all en suite facilities
- Full day day Whale shark safari included
- All meals included whilst on-board
- All food included whilst on board
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Male are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Marine Wildlife of the Maldives tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 115+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Marine Wildlife of the Maldives tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Marine Wildlife of the Maldives tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Marine Wildlife of the Maldives tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.