- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the Maldives with boat trips
- Snorkelling over the coral reefs
- Picnics on uninhabited islands & sand bars
- Cultural shows
Our Maldives on a Shoestring tour (formerly Maldives Magic) gives you the chance to see the real Maldives and to discover the culture, beautiful scenery, friendly local people and atmosphere of this tropical paradise while staying in comfortable locally owned guesthouses. The itinerary starts with a tour of the modern capital of Male, before visiting both Guraidhoo and Maafushi local islands. Activities include beach barbeques, cultural shows, snorkelling trips, meals taken with local families, the chance to taste traditional Maldivian snacks and much, much more! Scuba-diving options are available and we also offer the option to extend your tour in the Maldives with an add on extension to one of the many amazing island resorts for some more luxurious relaxation.
Day 1 : Arrive in Malé, transfer to hotel
Day 2 : Malé Tour, ferry to Guraidhoo and dinner with local family
Day 3 : Morning snorkelling trip. Free afternoon
Day 4 : Snorkelling trip, free time, Beach BBQ
Day 5 : Maafushi, snorkelling, sandbank and dolphin cruise boat trip
Day 6 : Maafushi, free time, various watersports options
Day 7 : Visit Gulhi for a change of pace, snorkelling, island tour and dinner
Day 8 : Transfer to Malé airport for departure
- 7 night's comfortable guesthouse accommodation: 1 night Hulhumale, 3 nights Guraidhoo, 2 nights Maafushi, 1 night Gulhi
- Meals: 7 breakfasts and 4 dinners
- All transport and transfers including local ferries
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Local guides
- Free 30-day tourist visa on arrival to all nationalities
- International Flights (available on request)
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 54+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Maldives Uncovered tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 December 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Maldives Uncovered tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Maldives Uncovered tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.