- Discover the life of the locals in Sulawesi
- Enjoy five days of trekking
- Learn more about the Toraja customs and traditions
Like other Indonesian islands, trekkers and culture enthusiasts are attracted by the mountains of the Toraja country as well as its people, whose funeral rites, unique in the world, are full of grand ceremonies and unique rituals.
Discover Toraja country, a blurred boundary between the living and the dead. This superb trek between mountains and rice fields allows you to discover a little-known but incredibly rich culture. Accompanied by a local guide, this animist culture will no longer have any secrets for you.
Please scroll down to the itinerary section for more details.
Day 1: Arrive in Makassar
Day 2: Makassar to Toraja
Day 3: Toraja to Kandora to Randan Batu
Day 4: Randan Batu to Paniki to Buntao
Day 5: Buntao to Palawa to Batutumonga
Day 6: Coffee plantation visit and continue to Rantepao
Day 7: Rantepao to Ujung Pandang to Makassar
Day 8: Farewell Makassar
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 5 Dinners
- Accommodation for 7 nights (4 in a hotel & 3 in a homestay)
- All road transfers during the trip
- The services of one local, English-speaking tour guide from Day 1 to Day 7
- Local porters from Day 3 to Day 6 (1 porter for 2 travelers)
- A local tour guide during the coffee plantation hike
- Entrance fees
- Hiking trips as per the itinerary
- Mineral water
- International and domestic flights
- Beverages other than mineral water
- Expenses that are personal in nature
- Tips (we advise that you pay between USD 4 to USD 8 in tips per person, per day)
- Travel insurance
- Earn US$ 29+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note that the local guide reserves the right to modify the itinerary for meteorological or logistical reasons.
Is Asia open for tourists?
Despite the initial fears of the Covid-19 pandemic, most Asian countries have managed to mitigate its effects. As such, many popular destinations throughout the continent are currently open for travelers with precautionary measures like mandatory vaccinations. A few countries, however, require newly arrived travelers to spend a couple of days in quarantine.
As of February 2022, countries like Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia are officially open for vaccinated tourists without the need for quarantine. Meanwhile, India and Indonesia are two of the countries that may require you to quarantine for up to a week on arrival. However, Japan, Vietnam, and Myanmar are yet to open their doors to visitors.
- How many days should you spend in Indonesia?
How much is the cost for a trip to Indonesia?
Depending on your travel style and accommodation, the average price of a trip to Indonesia for a solo US traveler for a week is around USD 1000-2500 including international flights. This equates to roughly USD 45 a day, but your activities, accommodations, and excursions may make this as high as USD 200 a day.
- What is the best time to go to Indonesia?
- Is Indonesia safe for tourists?