- Local culture
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 4 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 6+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit Kambira, the infant tree cemetery
- Stroll around Ke'teKesu, a traditional village with tongkonan architecture
- Explore Londa, known for its impressive cave tombs and hanging graves
- Admire the impressive megalithic structures at Bori
From tongkonan houses shaped like buffalo horns to elaborate funeral ceremonies and animal sacrifices, this private, guided trip is the perfect opportunity to experience the culture and lifestyle of the Torajan people. Visit ancient burial sites where the deceased are buried in caves, sheltered in tombs carved out of rocks or suspended from cliff walls along with hand-carved tau-tau, wooden effigies watching over the graves from balconies.
Discover the complex culture of the Torajan people, a combination of ancestor worship and animistic beliefs, while breathing in fresh mountain air in this lush, idyllic terrain that looks both wild and tamed at the same time. For more details, please scroll down.
Day 1: Makassar Airport - Tana Toraja
Day 2: Tana Toraja: Lemo, Suaya, Kambira, Londa & Ke'te-Kesu
Day 3: Tana Toraja: Batutumonga, Palawa, Bori & Marante
Day 4: Tana Toraja – Makassar Airport
- Three night's accommodation at a hotel
- Breakfast and lunch as per the itinerary
- Pickup and drop-off transfers from and to Makassar Airport in a private car with driver. Other transport as per the itinerary
- An English-speaking tour guide on excursions
- Entrance fees to the attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- International and domestic flights
- Indonesia visa fees
- Meals not mentioned on the itinerary
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Insurance and repatriation assistance
- Earn US$ 23+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.