- Winter adventures
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The serene beauty of the Carpathian Mountains in winter
- Looking for wolf and bear tracks in the snow
- Visiting Bran Castle, Dracula's home
- Warm hospitality of the local people
Transylvania - the name alone conjures up images of craggy mountains, gothic castles, horse-drawn carts and forests filled with hibernating bears. The reality is not that far off. Crisp winters add an extra dimension to this small corner of Europe as snow blankets the pastures, farmsteads and woodlands. Spend a week exploring this region, hiking or snowshoeing to small villages, into gorges, through valleys and up mountains as we also take time to visit a local bear sanctuary and of course one of the most famous castles in the world, Bran Castle, the fictional home of the infamous Dracula. From our comfortable guesthouse in the small village of Magura, we head out to uncover the region’s treasures on foot. Snow conditions will dictate whether we hike or snowshoe but, either way, we get into the wilderness. Along the way we meet locals who still live a traditional lifestyle, learn about the region’s rich folklore and history, enjoy the mountain scenery and, with a bit of luck, see traces of the local wildlife including wolf or bear paw prints in the snow.
Day 1: Start Magura, Transylvania.
Day 2: Walk to a local bat cave and the village of Pestera.
Day 3: Explore Kalibash villages.
Day 4: Snowshoe or walk between Piatra Craiului and Bucegi mountain.
Day 5: Visit Libearty bear sanctuary, the village of Vulcan and Brasov.
Day 6: Walk to Bran Castle, also known as Dracula's castle.
Day 7: Snowshoe through Zarnesti Canyon to Piatra Craiului Mountains.
Day 8: End Magura, Transylvania.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners
- Travel by private minibus
- Transfers for group flights
- 7 nights at the comfortable Villa Hermani guesthouse with twin and single rooms; most rooms are en suite
- 6 days guided snowshoeing and winter walking
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Sightseeing visits to castles and villages
- Snowshoes and poles provided
- Any international flights to/from Magura are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Transylvania Winter Walk & Snowshoe tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Transylvania Winter Walk & Snowshoe tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Transylvania Winter Walk & Snowshoe tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Transylvania Winter Walk & Snowshoe tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.