- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The serene beauty of the Carpathian Mountains in winter
- Looking for wolf and bear tracks in the snow
- Visiting Bran Castle, Dracula's home
- Warm hospitality of the local people
Transylvania - the name alone conjures up images of craggy mountains, gothic castles, horse-drawn carts and forests filled with hibernating bears. The reality is not that far off. Crisp winters add an extra dimension to this small corner of Europe as snow blankets the pastures, farmsteads and woodlands. Spend a week exploring this region, hiking or snowshoeing to small villages, into gorges, through valleys and up mountains as we also take time to visit a local bear sanctuary and of course one of the most famous castles in the world, Bran Castle, the fictional home of the infamous Dracula. From our comfortable guesthouse in the small village of Magura, we head out to uncover the region’s treasures on foot. Snow conditions will dictate whether we hike or snowshoe but, either way, we get into the wilderness. Along the way we meet locals who still live a traditional lifestyle, learn about the region’s rich folklore and history, enjoy the mountain scenery and, with a bit of luck, see traces of the local wildlife including wolf or bear paw prints in the snow.
Day 1: Start Magura, Transylvania.
Day 2: Walk to a local bat cave and the village of Pestera.
Day 3: Explore Kalibash villages.
Day 4: Snowshoe or walk between Piatra Craiului and Bucegi mountain.
Day 5: Visit Libearty bear sanctuary, the village of Vulcan and Brasov.
Day 6: Walk to Bran Castle, also known as Dracula's castle.
Day 7: Snowshoe through Zarnesti Canyon to Piatra Craiului Mountains.
Day 8: End Magura, Transylvania.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners
- Travel by private minibus
- Transfers for group flights
- 7 nights at the comfortable Villa Hermani guesthouse with twin and single rooms; most rooms are en suite
- 6 days guided snowshoeing and winter walking
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Sightseeing visits to castles and villages
- Snowshoes and poles provided
- Any international flights to/from Magura are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Transylvania Winter Walk & Snowshoe tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 49+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Transylvania Winter Walk & Snowshoe tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 140 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 06 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Transylvania Winter Walk & Snowshoe tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Transylvania Winter Walk & Snowshoe tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.