- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 48
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-21325
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Explore Toledo, Madrid, Santiago de Compostela, Porto, Lisbon, Seville and Barcelona with a Local Specialist
- Discover Segovia, Zamora and Valencia
- Visit Santo Tomé and the synagogue in Toledo, the cathedral and Praza do Obradoiro in Santiago de Compostela, the Stock Exchange Palace and a local port wine cellar in Porto, the Shrine at Fátima, the Hieronymite Monastery in Lisbon, Seville Cathedral, the Alhambra Palace in Granada and Montjuïc Hill in Barcelona
- View the Roman Aqueduct and Alcazar in Segovia, the cathedral in Zamora, the Belém Tower in Lisbon, the Giralda Bell Tower in Seville, the cave homes of Guadix, the Serrano and Quart Towers and the city of Arts and Sciences complex in Valencia and La Sagrada Família and Plaça de Catalunya in Barcelona
- See the Monument to the Discoveries in Lisbon
- Connect With Locals Enjoy a traditional Andalusian Be My Guest dinner and the charming company of the Morillo family. A welcome drink of sangria in their sundappled courtyard before learning how they produce olive oil.
- Stays with Stories Step into history at the historic Neya Hotel, born out of the ruins of the Convento Madre Deus de Monchique, a 16thcentury convent built on the banks of the Douro River.
- Dive into Culture Savour the flavours of Portugal's centuriesold Port heritage and gain insights into its local production at a tasting in a Port cellar.
- Dive into Culture Visit the Hieronymite Monastery, a former monastery of the Order of Saint Jerome and exquisite example of Manueline architecture.
- Dive Into Culture You’re in for a sweet treat at a celebrated Valencia horchatería where locals love to dip fartóns (fingershaped brioche) into their traditional horchata drink.
- Show more
Don’t miss a thing on this most exhilarating of Spain and Portugal trips, filled with the flavours of sangria and port shared with locals, life-changing pilgrimages and the legacy of the Romans, Moors, Iberian royalty and a ‘Spanish Pope’ who built a ‘City in the Sea’.
Day 1: Hola Madrid
Day 2: Admire the Sights of Toledo and Madrid
Day 3: Journey to Segovia and Zamora
Day 4: A Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela
Day 5: Journey to Scenic Porto
Day 6: Onwards to Ftima and Lisbon
Day 7: Discover Lisbon's Treasures
Day 8: On to Seville
Day 9: Explore Spectacular Seville
Day 10: Off to Granada
Day 11: Onwards to Valencia
Day 12: See the Sights of Barcelona
Day 13: Barcelona Your Way
Day 14: Journey Home
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 13 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Welcome Reception
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Any international flights to/from Madrid are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Treasures of Spain and Portugal tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 120+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Treasures of Spain and Portugal tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 November 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 November 2022, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Treasures of Spain and Portugal tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Treasures of Spain and Portugal tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 29 people.
- Groups traveling together will be seated together, and face coverings will be required where mandated, otherwise it is the choice of our guests if they wish to wear face coverings when traveling on the coach. Additionally, all surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day, and due to our high performing air filters the air within the coach will be completely filtered and changed every 2-3 minutes
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children aged 5-15, who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
How much does a tour to Spain cost?
The duration of your stay, the type of accommodation and services you wish to book, and the activities you want to experience play a key role in determining the costs of your Spain vacation. On average, 7 days in Spain, including accommodation and meals, can cost anywhere from USD 1,000 to USD 1,800 per person. Hotel rooms can start from USD 49 per person, per night and go upward of USD 209, while a meal at an inexpensive restaurant can be had for around USD 12. A meal in a decent restaurant can cost upward of USD 20 per person.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Where to travel in Europe?
Europe has swathes of spectacular landscapes, a rich history, and vibrant cultures. Therefore, deciding on the best travel destinations on the continent can be difficult. However, you can narrow down on highlights by choosing one overarching theme for your trip.
If you are looking forward to immersing yourself in art and history, then Italy, Spain, and France should be on the top of your list. Head for Switzerland, Norway, or Croatia if nature is what you love the most. For beaches and water sports, you will be hard-pressed to find better destinations than Greece, Portugal, and Montenegro.
Having said that, you can also diversify your itinerary by mixing and matching different elements of the same country. Italy tops the charts not just for its medieval monuments and Renaissance art but also for coastal scenery and sun-soaked beaches. Similarly, Spain is a foodie paradise as much as it is an architectural hotspot.
- What part of Spain should I visit?