- City sightseeing
- Concerts and shows
- Museum and gallery visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 24 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Experience a memorable Fado performance in Coimbra – an emotional form of Portuguese music expressing the hard realities of the daily life and balancing both resignation and hopefulness.
- Soak up the sun on the Portuguese coast's gorgeous beaches along the Algarve, walking across rocky cliff tops, exploring remote coves and taking in a sunset over the Atlantic Ocean with your small group.
- Relive a glorious medieval past in in the labyrinthine streets of Fes city, and discover the cultural capital, Marrakech, through its people – drummers, dancers, fortune tellers, jugglers and medicine men.
- Scale the High Atlas Mountains and trek through scenic Berber villages, spending a night in a traditional Berber homestay to get a true sense of rural Moroccan life.
- Travel through the Sahara in a camel convoy, sleeping under a blanket the North African stars and enjoy an evening beside the campfire listening to traditional Bedouin tales.
Colour and charisma in some of Europe’s hotspots – all packed into one unforgettable adventure. Spend 24 days covering Spain, Portugal and Morocco, revelling in chaotic markets, relaxing in coastal retreats and sharing conversation and cuisine with the locals. Marvel at artistic masterpieces and architectural wonders in Madrid, taste the rich history of Portugal in its delightful towns, historic performance art and complex cuisine, and be enchanted by the magic and majesty of Morocco’s metropolises and far-flung mountains. With a knowledgeable leader to recommend the best places and take you behind the tourist trail, dig a little deeper in these three countries to discover a local way of life.
Day 1: Madrid
Day 2: Salamanca
Day 3: Coimbra
Day 4: Coimbra
Day 5: Lisbon
Day 6: Lisbon
Day 7: The Algarve / Olhao
Day 8: The Algarve / Olhao
Day 9: Seville / Tarifa
Day 10: Chefchaouen
Day 11: Chefchaouen
Day 12: Fes
Day 13: Fes
Day 14: Marrakech
Day 15: Marrakech
Day 16: Aroumd
Day 17: Ait Benhaddou
Day 18: Ouarzazate - Zagora
Day 19: Tamegroute - Erg Chigaga
Day 20: Oulad Berhil
Day 21: Taroudant - Essaouira
Day 22: Essaouira
Day 23: Marrakech
Day 24: Marrakech
- Camp site (1 night), Gite (1 night), Hotel (18 nights), Riad (3 nights)
- 19 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Train , Ferry , Metro , Private vehicle , Public bus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Coimbra - Evening Fado Performance
- Lisbon - Citadel
- Algarve - Culatra Island Day Trip by Boat
- Chefchaouen - Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Fes - Medina walking tour
- Aroumd - High Atlas Mountains guided hike
- Ait Benhaddou - Leader-led ksar walk
- Ait Benhaddou - Tawesna Tea Break
- Tamegroute - Ancient Library
- Sahara Desert - Camel Ride
- Sahara Desert - 4WD to Erg Chigaga dunes
- Tamegroute - Underground kasbah guided tour
- Essaouira - Guided walking tour
- Any international flights to Madrid and from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Spain, Portugal & Morocco tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 129+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Spain, Portugal & Morocco tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 June 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Spain, Portugal & Morocco tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Spain, Portugal & Morocco tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- When travelling in Spain, Portugal and Morocco, summer temperatures can get extremely hot. Have a think about what time of year suits you best to travel.
- Both Coimbra and Lisbon are hilly cities with a lot of steps to conquer and sometimes rather steep steps if you want to make the most out of your time and experience here.
- In Morocco, you will be expected to dress conservatively in public places, especially when visiting religious sites.
- In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 2 April to 1 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
How much does a tour to Spain cost?
The duration of your stay, the type of accommodation and services you wish to book, and the activities you want to experience play a key role in determining the costs of your Spain vacation. On average, 7 days in Spain, including accommodation and meals, can cost anywhere from USD 1,000 to USD 1,800 per person. Hotel rooms can start from USD 49 per person, per night and go upward of USD 209, while a meal at an inexpensive restaurant can be had for around USD 12. A meal in a decent restaurant can cost upward of USD 20 per person.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Where to travel in Europe?
Europe has swathes of spectacular landscapes, a rich history, and vibrant cultures. Therefore, deciding on the best travel destinations on the continent can be difficult. However, you can narrow down on highlights by choosing one overarching theme for your trip.
If you are looking forward to immersing yourself in art and history, then Italy, Spain, and France should be on the top of your list. Head for Switzerland, Norway, or Croatia if nature is what you love the most. For beaches and water sports, you will be hard-pressed to find better destinations than Greece, Portugal, and Montenegro.
Having said that, you can also diversify your itinerary by mixing and matching different elements of the same country. Italy tops the charts not just for its medieval monuments and Renaissance art but also for coastal scenery and sun-soaked beaches. Similarly, Spain is a foodie paradise as much as it is an architectural hotspot.
- What part of Spain should I visit?
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point instructions