- Go all over Toledo’s labyrinthine streets
- The Cathedral of Santa María de Toledo is an example of the Gothic architecture.
- The Church of Santo Tomé holds El Greco masterpiece painting
- Taste the best wines at the Finca Loranque Wine Cellar
The first stop in our tour will be at the beautiful city- museum of Toledo, located 70 km away from Madrid, and declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also the place of residence of the great painter El Greco.
During our tour in Toledo we will visit the Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz, the old Bib-al-Mardum Mosque or Valmardón Mosque ended in 1186 and true reflection of Caliphic architecture, the inside of the Cathedral, with its architecture that shows all the stages of Spanish Gothic and the rich artworks the building houses (stained glasses, choir, main chapel, altarpieces, El Greco paintings, etc.). We will continue our itinerary visiting the Church of Saint Tomé where you will see "El Entierro del señor de Orgaz", masterpiece of El Greco and will follow with the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca. We will also learn the famous technique of damascene (incrustation of precious metals in steel) and will finish with a panoramic view of Toledo.
After your morning in Toledo, we will leave around 14:30pm back to Madrid with and stop at Bargas, home to the "Finca Loranque" where we will visit its wine cellars and where you will get the chance to try some of their wines.
- Air conditioned motor-coach.
- English speaking official guide.
- Entrance fee to Cathedral, Church of St. Tome, Synagogue and Cristo de la Luz.
- Commented tasting of 3 wines and an appetizer.
- Lunch or other services not specified above
- without Lunch.
- with Tourist Lunch: menu composed by vegetable stew, veal cutting with green beans and french fried potatoes and vanilla ice cream with fruit salad (drinks not included).
- with Typical Lunch: appetizers and castilian tapas, roasted lamb with vegetables, truffle cake with ice cream, wine, mineral water and coffee.
A 100% cancellation penalty applies if canceled 72 hours or less prior to travel date