- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 20 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-40697
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Taste the best of Spanish cuisine during Exclusive Experiences – sample olive oil at a family-run farm in Andalucia, try delicious marzipan in Toledo, and enjoy dinner at an exclusive gastronomic society in San Sebastian.
- See the enchanting Alhambra Palace in Granada by day and by night with an expert guide, a Premium Exclusive Experience. Avoid the crowds as you receive special insight into the complex’s fascinating history.
- Spend two nights each in two historic Feature Stay hotels in Seville and La Rioja. From antique furnishings to first-class service and unbeatable locations, these beautiful properties are sure to delight.
- Visit the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, an eye catching work of art in itself that was designed by Frank Gehry and holds a world-famous collection of contemporary art works.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Casa Caridad. Donations help them provide basic needs such as food and shelter for people in need in Valencia.
Walk in the footsteps of Gaudi and Picasso, taste fine wines and tapas, and witness the white-washed villages that bring Spain to life. This comprehensive Premium journey from Madrid to Santiago de Compostela is a delight for the senses – see flamenco in Seville, taste paella in Valencia, feel the history of the Alhambra in Granada, visit the famous Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao and dine with locals at an exclusive gastronomic society. Let Spain’s eclectic architecture, revered cuisine and vibrant soul enchant you as you travel from Andalucia's sparkling villages in the South to the Basque country's mountainous landscapes of the North, hitting cultural hot spots and vibrant cities along the way.
Day 1: Madrid
Day 2: Madrid
Day 3: Seville
Day 4: Seville
Day 5: Cordoba
Day 6: Granada
Day 7: Granada
Day 8: Valencia
Day 9: Valencia
Day 10: Barcelona
Day 11: Barcelona
Day 12: La Rioja
Day 13: La Rioja
Day 14: San Sebastian
Day 15: San Sebastian
Day 16: Oviedo
Day 17: Oviedo
Day 18: Santiago de Compostela
Day 19: Santiago de Compostela
Day 20: Santiago de Compostela
- Hotel (15 nights), Feature stay (4 nights)
- 19 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Private vehicle , High-speed train
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Madrid - (Tapas) Welcome Dinner
- Toledo - Marzipan Tasting
- Toledo - Day Trip
- Seville - Evening Flamenco Show
- Seville - Alcazar Visit
- Seville - Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Cordoba - Walking Tour of the Mezquita & Cordoba City with Local Guide
- Andalucia - Olive Oil Mill Visit & Tasting
- Granada – Alhambra Alcazaba and Generalife Gardens Tour
- Lake Albufera - Boat Tour & Barraca Visit
- Valencia - Paella Lunch
- Barcelona - Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Dinner in Restaurant - Barcelona
- Barcelona - Complimentary Arrival Transfer
- Barcelona - Welcome Meeting
- Barcelona - Welcome Dinner
- Zaragoza - Town Visit
- La Guardia - Village Visit
- La Rioja - Winery Visit with Tasting
- Pamplona - Orientation Walk
- San Sebastian - Traditional Cider House Experience
- San Sebastian - Walking Tour
- San Sebastian - Gastronomical Society Dinner
- Bilbao - Orientation Walk
- Bilbao - Guggenheim Museum admission
- Oviedo - Walking Tour with Cathedral
- Galician Coast Stop
- Santiago de Compostela - Camino Walk
- Santiago de Compostela - Farewell Dinner
- Any international flights to Madrid and from Santiago De Compostela are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Premium Spain in Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Premium Spain in Depth tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 January 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 January 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Premium Spain in Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Premium Spain in Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- Many of the wonderful cities and sites of this trip are explored on foot. Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes, plus suitable luggage for navigating cobblestone streets.
- Summer temperatures can be extreme (over 40°C), so it's important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Please consider your suitability to the season you are travelling in.
- During your discoveries you will visit a numerous religious sites. You will need to bring clothes that cover the arms, and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot. Your leader will advise when such clothing is necessary.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.