- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- Art and architecture
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Madrid: Visit Europe’s largest palace and the Reina Sofia Museum, where Picasso’s harrowing Guernica is among the masterpieces on display.
- Toledo: The spirit of El Greco lives on in the ancient streets of this beautiful city.
- Trujillo: The hometown of conquistador Francisco Pizarro boasts a wealth of palaces and churches, built with riches brought back from the New World.
- Caceres: This UNESCO World Heritage Site has a walled town with more than 50 historic buildings.
Journey into the heart of Spain, exploring the historic regions of Castile and Extremadura, during a memorable 10-day self-drive tour. Discover ancient Roman ruins, timeless medieval towns, and historic cities. Visit temples, churches, cathedrals, basilicas, and monasteries along the ancient Silver Way and admire Spanish art from classical times to the contemporary. Explore the cradles from which Spain’s conquistadors set off to colonise the new world and behold the old world elegance of Spain’s most prestigious seat of learning. Spain will conquer your heart every day of this fascinating round-trip starting and ending in Madrid.
Day 1: Arrival Madrid
Day 2: Madrid
Day 3: Madrid – Toledo (75 Km – 1 Hr)
Day 4: Toledo – Trujillo – Caceres (265 Km – 3 Hrs)
Day 5: Caceres – Merida – Caceres (150 Km – 2 Hrs)
Day 6: Caceres – Plasencia – Yuste – Salamanca (300 Km – 4,5 Hrs)
Day 7: Salamanca
Day 8: Salamanca – Avila – Segovia (200 Km – 2,5 Hrs)
Day 9: Segovia – San Lorenzo De El Escorial – Madrid (110 Km – 1,5 Hrs)
Day 10: Depart Madrid
- 9 nights' accommodation.
- 9 breakfasts
- Transportation for the departure transfer on a shared basis, from the car rental company offices to Madrid Airport.
- All-inclusive insurance: Basic Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), Wheel and windscreen (CGT), Road assistance 24 hour telephone service, Vehicle theft (TP); Personal accident insurance (P.A.I) .
- Applicable local taxes (VAT)
- Unlimited mileage
- Emergency Contact service
- Replacement car in case of accident
- Full-Full petrol rate
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate drivingLoss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicleDamage to the engine through negligenceTheft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignitionDamage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugsFines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of a fine being received there will be an administration chargeIf the car is left outside of rent a car designated area on drop off, customers will be responsible for any costs generated and for any damage to the vehicle due to it being parked outside of the Rent a Car installationsEach additional driver fee Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat etc)No insurance cover in Gibraltar.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Heart Of Spain, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 September 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Heart Of Spain, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Heart Of Spain, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.