- Walking tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Superb walking through Madeira's botanical paradiseFlowerlined levadas with stunning coastal viewsMild yearround climate perfect for walkingPicturesque fishing villages and the historic town of Funchal
During the course of this week you will have the opportunity to walk through the wild and varied scenery of Madeira, from gentle strolls along flower-lined levadas and spectacular coastal footpaths, to more demanding forays amongst the jagged ridges and peaks of the rugged volcanic interior. There is plenty of time to relax by the sea in the fishing village of Machico and discover the historic importance of Funchal, an old trade centre famous for exporting sugar and wine to the Indies and the New World.
Day 1: Start Machico.
Day 2: Walk along Ponta de Sao Lourenco, where rocks contrast with the blue of the
Day 3: Spectacular walk along the north coast path to the fishing village of Porto
Day 4: Transfer to Queimadas; walk along Levada do Caldeirao Verde to the remote
village of Ilha.
Day 5: Early departure for sunrise at Achada do Teixeira; ascend the island's
highest mountain, Pico Ruivo; follow a stone staircase down to
Encumeada; transfer to Funchal.
Day 6: Walk a section of the Levada do Norte from Eira do Mourao to Cabo Girao.
Day 7: Free day to visit the bustling 'Mercado dos Lavradores' (workers' market),
Sé Cathedral or for wine tasting in Madeira's Wine Lodge.
Day 8: End Funchal.
- 7 nights 3 and 4-star hotels, all rooms en suite,All accommodation All transport and listed activities
- All breakfasts
- Free arrival & departure transfers
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. ,Tour leader throughout
- 5 days point-to-point walking; 1 free day
- Min age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 1862m, average 750m
- Not suitable for vertigo sufferers
- Transport by private minivan and public bus
- Any international flights to Machico and from Funchal are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Madeira tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in Madeira tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking in Madeira tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Madeira tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.