- Visit Dendara and Abydos temples
- Explore Abydos Temple, dedicated to the Ancient Egyptian god of the underworld
- Admire paintings of Gods and Pharaohs on the walls of the Osiris Temple at Abydos
- See temple of Hathor at Dendara, one of the best preserved in Egypt
Abydos city is about 420 km to the south of Cairo in Sohag Government, and 135 km from Luxor. We drive north from Luxor for a day to see two of the most complete temples in Egypt.
We arrive in Abydos and start the day tour discovering the ancient sites. First we visit the Abydos Temple, dedicated to the Ancient Egyptian god of the underworld. The paintings of the Gods and Pharaohs on the walls of the Osiris Temple at Abydos are among the most beautifully preserved in Egypt.
Then we continue to visit the Temple of Hathor - goddess of love and joy. The temple is located in Dendara, which is 135 km north of Luxor.
Temple of Hathor at Dendara may be the best preserved in Egypt with full color still visible on its walls. The ancient Egyptians believed that the Lord of the underworld is buried there. The temple was built by King Seti I, and completed by King Ramsess II, known as temple of Seti I.
At the end of the Tour around 17:00 pm transfer back to the hotel in Luxor .
- Pick up services from your hotel in Luxor and return
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private Licensed English-speaking Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Snacks Bag
- All service charges & taxes
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.