Zambezi Canoe Safari
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-7998
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Experience the peace and tranquillity of canoeing on the Zambezi
- Camp out under the stars on secluded islands
- Game drives in Chiawa Game Management Area, renowned for its elephant sightings
- Game walks and canoeing in the Lower Zambezi National Park
- Citizen Science departures available on this trip
An exciting trip perfect for those wishing to encounter the spectacular wildlife and incredible scenery of Zambia in as intimate and active a way as possible. The mighty Zambezi is an excellent location for a canoe safari. Camping out on secluded beaches, the days are spent relishing magnificent scenery and abundant game, while passing the ever-present basking crocodiles and hippo pods. Away from the water there is also plenty of time for game walks and drives to experience the diverse wildlife and remarkable scenery this region has to offer.
This trip includes a few of our Citizen Science Departures. These special departures offer you the opportunity to be involved in the collection of freshwater samples during the trip. The environmental DNA information derived from this sample will contribute directly to the e
Atlas; the world’s largest repository of flora and fauna species data, contributing to the conservation and restoration of biodiversity both locally and globally. To book onto one of these special departures, see the Dates & Prices tab. For more information on these departures and the e
Atlas, click here.
Day 1: Start Lusaka; transfer to the Zambezi River.
Day 2 - 4: Three days canoeing and wildlife watching on the Zambezi River, camping on remote islands.
Day 5: Morning canoeing; afternoon game walk and drive in Game Management Area.
Day 6: Canoe to Lower Zambezi N.P.; morning game walk; afternoon game drive back to camp.
Day 7: Transfer to our riverside camp.
Day 8: Transfer to Lusaka; end.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 79+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Zambezi Canoe Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 September 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 September 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Zambezi Canoe Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Zambezi Canoe Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.