- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- In the spirit of Livingstone, this trip is for those who enjoy a liberal dose of adventure
- Spot wildlife in Kuti Wildlife Reserve
- Camp on the banks of the Luangwa River
- Snorkel in and & enjoy the beaches of Lake Malawi
A journey through Zambia to the warm heart of Africa and the picturesque Lake Malawi. Experience the relaxed pace of these lesser travelled African nations on this exciting journey across Zambia and Malawi. Along the way you will be treated to some of Africa's best wildlife viewing opportunities, on foot, by safari vehicle and even from a canoe as you glide down the Zambezi, the warmth of Malawi's people and its little known scenic beauties. It's easy to appreciate why David Livingstone devoted his life to this part of Africa and its people and along the way you will be reminded of his legacy. In the spirit of Livingstone, this trip is for those who enjoy a liberal dose of adventure and a variety of experiences and provides much of what travellers have come to expect from an African adventure with numerous opportunities for wildlife spotting, but also allows you to see that there is much more to Africa than the big 5.
Day 1 : Join Lusaka
Day 2 : Kafue River (505 kms; 8 hrs)
Day 3 : Lower Zambezi Canoeing
Day 4 : Lower Zambezi Canoeing
Day 5 : Lusaka and the Great East Road (570 kms; 9.5 hrs)
Day 6-8 : South Luangwa National Park (330 kms; 5 hrs)
Day 9 : Kuti Wildlife Reserve (390 kms; 6.5 hrs)
Day 10-11 : Mulanje Massif (350 kms; 5.5 hrs)
Day 12-13 : Liwonde Game Reserve (190 kms; 3 hrs)
Day 14-15 : Lake Malawi (160 kms; 3 hrs)
Day 16 : To Lilongwe, trip concludes on arrival (260 kms; 4 hrs)
- 15 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 7 dinners
- Private transport in custom built 4wd safari vehicle
- English speaking local guide
- 11 nights in guest houses, chalets and tented lodges on a twinshare basis
- 4 nights limited participation camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent and mattress (sleeping bag and pillow not included)
- Game drives and excursions as listed in itinerary
- National park fees and site entrance fees as listed in itinerary
- Local cash payment of US$300 payable to tour leader on day 1
- International flights and airport taxes
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature (i.e laundry, phone calls, tips, etc)
- Optional activities
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 126+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Livingstone's Africa - Zambia & Malawi Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 February 2021, a deposit of 333 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Livingstone's Africa - Zambia & Malawi Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Livingstone's Africa - Zambia & Malawi Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.