- duration 29 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 24
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Guided tour of Xi'an's world famous Terracotta Warriors
- Explore Xi'an and its myriad of attractions
- Visit the huge former Tang Dynasty royal palace of Daming
- Go to the birthplace of the martial art of Tai Chi at Wudang Shan
Southern China and northern Indo China are extraordinary regions and should be seen together. This trip takes the traveller from some of China’s real tourist highlights such as Xi’an and the Terracotta Army and the Giant Pandas at Chengdu, to some of its wonderful hidden gems such as the trekking in the beautiful Tiger Leaping Gorge or climbing to the summit of Wudang Shan, birthplace of Tai Chi.
Of course you can’t travel through this region without embarking on a three gorge cruise, or climbing to the summit of Emei Shan with the other Buddhist pilgrims to see the hundreds of temples.
Deep in the south of the country is the extraordinarily beautiful landscape that surrounds the picturesque city of Dali and then crossing into Laos, we can trek and hike through the forested national parks of the north before arriving at the wonderful city of Luang Prabang.
Day 1: Xi'an
Day 2: Xi'an
Day 3: Wudang Shan
Day 4: Wudang Shan
Day 5: Yichang
Day 6: Yichang
Day 7: Yangtze River
Day 8: Yangtze River
Day 9: Yangtze River
Day 10: Dazu
Day 11: Chengdu
Day 12: Chengdu
Day 13: Emei Shan
Day 14: Emei Shan
Day 15: Panzhihua
Day 16: Tiger Leaping Gorge
Day 17: Tiger Leaping Gorge
Day 18: Tiger Leaping Gorge
Day 19: Dali
Day 20: Dali
Day 21: Kunming
Day 22: Shilin Stone Forest
Day 23: Xishuangbanna
Day 24: Jinghong
Day 25: Luang Namtha
Day 26: Luang Namtha
Day 27: Luang Namtha
Day 28: Luang Prabang
Day 29: Luang Prabang
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Ferry, Overnight Boat, Private Bus
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, One Local Crew Member
- Comfortable Hotel 4 nights
- Basic Hotel 14 nights
- Overnight Boat 3 nights
- Guesthouse 5 nights
- Multishare Hostel 2 nights
- 12 Breakfasts
- 0 Lunches
- 0 Dinners
- Any international flights to Luang Prabang and from Xian are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Warriors, Gorges & Holy Mountains tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 170+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Warriors, Gorges & Holy Mountains tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 June 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Warriors, Gorges & Holy Mountains tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Warriors, Gorges & Holy Mountains tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.