- Kayaking and canoeing
- Local culture
- Local boat rides
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy an exciting full day tour of peaceful rural Luang Prabang
- Experience kayaking on the Nam Khan River
- Observe and feel the peaceful and happy life of local people in rural Luang Prabang
- Marvel at the beauty of the countryside and Tad Sae waterfall
The following are the detailed programs for each season:
High water season (August to January):
At the departure time – about 8 am, you will be greeted and picked up at your hotel’s lobby in Luang Prabang by a local tour guide and a driver. You will be driven along a scenic route to the banks of the Nam Khan River.
Then, you will embark on a boat to cross the river to the trekking point. Once you arrive there, you start your first “Fair Trek’ journey in about 1.5 hours. You will trek through jungle, bamboo forest, rice fields and streams to reach a small Khmu village located on the foot of limestone mountains. Coming to this village, you will be taken around the village by the guide. You will be absolutely impressed by the beautifully weaved houses there. In addition, you can talk with local people and even enter their houses if the owners agree. Don’t be shy to talk to them as the guide will be there to connect you with the locals.
After exploring the Khmu village, you will continue hiking about 1.5 hours to the Tad Sae waterfalls. You can enjoy impressive view of high waters in the rainy season and clear, turquoise waters at the end of the rainy season. At the Tad Sea waterfall, you can have a refreshing swim or go to see elephants in the surrounding areas of the waterfall.
After some rest, you will get on boat again to head to the Tiger Trail Adventure Camp where you will start your kayaking adventure along the Nam Khan River. At the camp, you will be delivered a short review of safety rules and some technique and skills of paddling the kayak. You will definitely have an exciting journey through the beautiful Nam Khan River Valley and jungle. In addition, on the way, you can observe local people engaged in their daily activities on the river. This journey will take you about 2 hours depending on the conditions of the river. You can choose the level of difficulty when you book this tour: levels range from easy to difficult.
Low water season, February to July:
In the low water season Tad Sae Waterfall is dry, therefore it is not included in the itinerary. During your kayaking adventure, you can stop by the white sand beaches to relax, swim and visit the Henri Mouhot’s tomb.
After the these adventure activities, you will be driven back to Luang Prabang city.
The tour ends around 5 pm.
- English speaking guide
- All transfers
- Activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to all sites, permissions and ''Fair Trek'' village fund contributions
- Rental gear
- Lunch (Vegetarian options also available)
- Drinking Water
- Personal expenses
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.