- City sightseeing
- Spiritual or religious tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy a boat trip on the Mekong River, observing stunning scenery and riverside French villas along the way. Stop by the Pak Ou Caves, known for the hundreds of shrines and miniature Buddhist statues that line their walls.
- Unwind in the laidback jungle town of Luang Prabang. Watch as orangeclad monks gather offerings of rice, fruit and sweets from locals before sunrise in a daily alms giving ceremony.
- Visit Ock Pop Tok, an inspiring fair trade social enterprise that provides a sustainable source of income to local weavers and artisans. Browse their beautifullymade traditional textiles and handicrafts while learning about the organisation.
- A full day of sightseeing in Vientiane includes visits to the capital’s most dazzling attractions, including the golden Pha That Luang (or the Great Stupa), the most sacred monument in the country.
Laos just might be south-east Asia’s most enchanting destination. With its untouched natural beauty, relaxed pace and fascinating Buddhist culture, travellers are quickly enamoured with this frequently overlooked gem. Delve into Laos tradition in beautiful Luang Prabang, first with a traditional Baci ceremony, then observing the daily giving of alms that takes place between locals and saffron-robed monks. Explore the stunning, French-influenced scenery of this UNESCO-recognised city on a scenic boat ride on the Mekong. See the fascinating Pak Ou Caves, stuffed with Buddhist shrines, and countless sacred stupas, Buddhist temples and French colonial buildings in sleepy Vientiane. Meet incredible locals along the way, with visits to organisations like COPE and Ock Pop Tok, who do remarkable work in this remarkable country.
- Hotel Feature stay in Luang Prabang (3 nts), Hotel (1 nt)
- 4 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Plane , Tuk-Tuk , Private vehicle , Boat
- Luang Prabang - Baci welcome ceremony
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Luang Prabang - Alms giving ceremony
- Luang Prabang - Mekong River cruise & Pak Ou Caves
- Luang Prabang - Traditional Arts & Ethnology Centre
- Luang Prabang - Kuang Si Waterfalls
- Luang Prabang - Ock Pop Tok visit
- Luang Prabang - Tat Kuang Si Bear Rescue Centre
- Vientiane - Wat Si Saket
- Vientiane - Haw Pra Kaew
- Vientiane - That Luang
- Vientiane - Pratu Xai
- Vientiane - COPE visit
- Any international flights to Luang Prabang and from Vientiane are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Laos Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Laos Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 March 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Laos Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Laos Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The heat can be challenging in South East Asia. Be sure to dress accordingly and stay hydrated, especially in April and May.
- Laos is a beautifully laid-back destination, but it's also less developed than most in South East Asia, so a little bit of patience goes a long way. Roads may be bumpy and journeys may take longer than expected.
- You will visit a number of temples which requires a level of modesty. All travellers will need to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf or long sleeve shirt is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal