- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- EBike upgrade option available (additional cost)
- Experience temples, monks and markets on Luang Prabang’s tranquil riverbanks
- Supported cycling through some of Laos' most spectacular landscapes
- Relax in the beautiful surrounds of rustic Vang Vieng
South East Asia's hidden gem, Laos is a perfect cycling destination.Explore at handle bar level this relatively undiscovered country and experience its welcoming hospitality and stunning landscapes.. Our itinerary takes us into the heart of this beautiful and fascinating country, taking in the must-see gems but also stepping off the well-worn path to gain a deeper appreciation of Laos’ people, history and culture. We begin in the enchanting World Heritage Listed city of Luang Prabang, where we’ll savour its temples and shrines, caves and waterfalls, colourful markets, fragrant cuisine and gentle pace on the banks of the Mekong River. We cycle south to Kuang Si falls and get a glimpse of village life, from Phou Khoun we enjoy the view cycling to the valley of Kasi and stop to explore Vang Vieng and rest along the scenic Nam Song river. From here we finish our journey southward to the capital of Vientiane, cycling through stunning landscapes, lush valleys and terraced rice paddies, along riverbanks and through villages. Climb to the top of the Patuxay monument to marvel at the view and take in the ancient temples and monuments of Hor Phra Keo, Wat Si Saket and That Luang Stupa. If you’re looking for a cycle adventure that takes in the must-see natural and cultural highlights of Laos, this is it!
Day 1 : Arrive Luang Prabang
Day 2 : Alms Giving & City Cycle
Day 3 : Cycle to Khuang Si Waterfall
Day 4 : Cycle to Kasi
Day 5 : Cycle to Vang Vieng
Day 6 : In Vang Vieng
Day 7 : Vang Vieng to Ban Keun
Day 8 : Ban Keun to Vientiane
Day 9 : In Vientiane, trip concludes
- Comfortable accommodation on a twin share basis
- 8 breakfasts and 2 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 9 only)
- Bike mechanic and support vehicle on cycling days
- Expert bilingual guide
- Modern mountain bikes
- Drinking water, snacks and fruit whilst cycling
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Medical kit
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Any optional tours, sightseeing and entry fees not listed in the itinerary
- Bike Helmet (compulsory)
- Tips and gratuities
- Visa fees: Laos
- Excess luggage charges
- Expenditure of a personal nature such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory)
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 60 today.
- Earn US$ 40+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Laos by Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Laos by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Laos by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.