- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Marvel at one of the great wonders of the ancient world, Angkor Wat
- Discover the beauty of UNESCO World Heritage listed Luang Prabang
- Visit the Elephant Conservation Center & encounter elephants in their natural habitat
- Enjoy the slow pace of life on the Mekong riverine archipelago, 4000 Islands
Take your family on a superb adventure to discover the ancient history and cultural landscape of Laos and Cambodia. A carefully crafted blend of family adventure activity, comfortable child friendly accommodation with select moments for downtime to simply enjoy your surroundings, this is truly family travel at its finest. Our adventure begins in the magical town of Luang Prabang, Northern Laos, where you and your family step back in time to a place where every morning hundreds of saffron-clad monks file out from the monasteries to collect alms from the devout residents. You’ll explore the ancient temples and monasteries of this former royal capital, take a boat trip on the mighty Mekong River to the mystical Pak Ou Caves and hike though lush forests, around rice paddies to marvel at the turquoise pools of Khuang Si Waterfall. Overnight at the The Elephant Conservation Center, a 530 hectare natural elephant habitat home to 29 Asian elephants. The centre, unlike most elephant camps, was set up purely for the protection of this magnificent species and aims to return elephants to the wild. This is truly an experience not to be missed. Then fly south to Pakse - explore the ancient Angkorian ruins of Wat Phu before continuing on to the 4,000 Islands and the largest island, Don Khong. Immerse yourselves in the relaxed lifestyle of this sleepy riverine archipelago and discover it’s most shy residents, the endangered Mekong Irrawaddy dolphin. Next, fly to the lively town of Siem Reap, Cambodia, the gateway to Angkor Wat. Explore the ancient passageways of Angkor Wat temple, marvel at the enigmatic giant stone faces of Bayon, uncover mysterious ruins deep in the jungle on Kulen Mountain, kayak through floating villages and be enthralled by the energetic performers at Phare, the Cambodian Circus.
Day 1 : Join Luang Prabang, Laos
Day 2 : Luang Prabang City Tour & Mekong River Cruise
Day 3 : Morning Alms & Kuang Si Waterfall Hike
Day 4 : Elephant Conservation Center
Day 5 : Elephant Conservation Center
Day 6 : Fly to Pakse, Wat Phou & 4000 Islands
Day 7 : Mekong River Dolphins & Waterfalls.
Day 8 : 4000 Islands day at leisure
Day 9 : Fly to Siem Reap, Cambodia
Day 10 : The Temples of Angkor
Day 11 : Kulen Mountain Waterfall Hike
Day 12 : Mechrey Kayaking & Phare, The Cambodian Circus
Day 13 : Trip concludes in Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Comfortable hotels & basic accommodation at elephant sanctuary
- 14 breakfasts, 11 lunches and 1 dinner
- Internal flights, Luang Prabang to Pakse, Pakse to Siem Reap
- Airport transfers (day 1 & 13 only)
- Private air conditioned vehicles
- Expert bilingual guide
- Daily drinking water, cold towels and snacks
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Medical kit
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Visa fees: Laos and Cambodia
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory)
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Any optional tours, sightseeing and entry fees not listed in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Expenditure of a personal nature such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 113 today.
- Earn US$ 75+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Laos & Cambodia Family Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Laos & Cambodia Family Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Laos & Cambodia Family Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.