- Countryside and village visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 2 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- Learn about Laos rural life and its people
- Trek through layers of flora and fauna in Laos forests and agricultural areas
- Try local food while staying with the local communities
On this 2-day trip you will be hiking through forest landscapes and interacting with local people in their rural villages. You will walk the hills of the large Laos mountain range and explore the Hmong and Khmu villages. Spend a night in a family homestay and learn about the Lao Loum, Lao Theung, and Lao Sung people, and understand the cultures of Laos ethnic minorities.
Day 1: Luang Prabang-Khmu Homestay, Laos
Day 2: Khmu Homestay-Luang Prabang, Laos
- 1 Night in Homestay
- 1 Breakfast(s)
- 2 Lunch(es)
- 1 Dinner(s)
- Transfer to trek start
- Local river boat services on Nam Khan
- Knowledgeable, local English speaking guide
- Local village guide where needed
- Lao Loum
- Lao Theung
- Sung village encounter
- Refreshments, fund, fees
- Fruit, drinking water
- Fair Trek village fund contributions
- Entrance fees
- Local permission
- Tips for guides
- Any meal or drink not stated in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 9 today.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Homestay & Hiking Adventure 2D/1N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 January 2022, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Homestay & Hiking Adventure 2D/1N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Homestay & Hiking Adventure 2D/1N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
People taking this tour should be in physical condition for a fair amount of trekking and in the mindset for a very rustic accommodation.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols