- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the tranquility of UNESCO listed Luang Prabang
- Swim in the turquoise pools of Khuangsi Waterfall
- Hike to remote hill tribe villages in Northern Laos
- Irrawaddy dolphin spotting & Asia's largest waterfall in Laos' 4000 Islands
Cycle through rustic rural villages, hike over rugged jungle covered mountains & kayak among the elusive river dolphinsof the mighty Mekong on this active journey through Laos & Cambodia.. If you’re looking for an active adventure exploring the depth and beauty of these two gems of Indochina, this is the journey for you. This trip combines the best of Laos and Cambodia into one compact, exciting itinerary—including kayaking, hiking, cycling and visits the must-see sites as well getting you truly off the beaten path. Our comfortable, modern bikes, support crew and steady pace mean that you’ll be free to enjoy the scenery along the way, with our backup vehicle available to give tired riders a break at any time. Our journey begins in Northern Laos in the tranquil Mekong Riverside town of Luang Prabang, where we cycle and hike between its exquisite golden temples and to nearby caves and turquoise pooled waterfalls. From here we head south to the fantastic riverine archipelago of 4,000 Islands in search of the elusive Irrawaddy dolphin. Continuing on into Cambodia, we’ll kayak through flooded forests in Stung Treng and floating villages on the Tonle Sap, explore the remote seven tiered pyramid of Prasat Thom at Koh Ker before marveling at the world’s largest religious monument, the majestic and awe inspiring Angkor Wat. Along the way we’ll have time to visit rural village, try local cuisine and interact with the warm and friendly people of this wonderful part of the world.
Day 1 : Arrive Luang Prabang
Day 2 : Cycle Pak Ou Caves, return boat & Mt Phousi
Day 3 : Hike Kuang Si Waterfall
Day 4 : Alms Giving, rural village & Tad Sae Waterfall hike
Day 5 : Fly to Pakse, visit Wat Phou, Done Khong
Day 6 : Kayak to Done Khone, waterfalls, dolphins & beach BBQ
Day 7 : Khone Phapheng, kayak to Hang Khou Ban then to Stung Treng
Day 8 : Transfer to Siem Reap via Koh Ker Temple
Day 9 : Cycle the Temples of Angkor
Day 10 : Kulen Mountain Hike
Day 11 : Cycle to Mechrey, kayak the Tonle Sap
Day 12 : In Siem Reap, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotels on a twin share basis
- 11 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 2 dinners
- Transfers on day 1 and day 12
- Internal flights from Luang Prabang to Pakse valued at US$180
- Private air-conditioned vehicles
- Expert bilingual guide
- Kayaking equipment including life jacket
- Modern mountain bikes
- Medical kit
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in the itinerary
- Cycling helmet (compulsory)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Any optional tours, and entrance fees and permits during free time
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
- Guide tips and gratitudes
- International flights and departure taxes
- Visa fees
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 100 today.
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bike, Hike & Kayak Laos and Cambodia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Bike, Hike & Kayak Laos and Cambodia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bike, Hike & Kayak Laos and Cambodia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.