- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness some of Europe’s largest seabird colonies—puffins, gannets, guillemots, kittiwakes, and more—crowding the dramatic cliffs and rocky offshore islands.
- Visit Giant’s Causeway where some 40,000 closelypacked hexagonal columns descend like a staircase into the sea.
- Discover important Neolithic monuments—the Standing Stones of Stenness; the Ring of Brodgar; and Skara Brae, a wellpreserved Stone Age village.
- Explore a variety of architectural wonders, from Mousa’s Iron Age broch and 12thcentury Iona Abbey to the magnificent St. Magnus Cathedral in Kirkwall.
Ride Victorian-era steam railroads, sip Scottish whiskey during a distillery tour, witness some of Europe’s largest seabird colonies, stroll through magnificent estate gardens and visit impressive ruins as you explore the best of the British Isles. Listen to tales of Norse mythology in the Shetland Islands. Marvel at the geological wonders of UNESCO-listed Giant’s Causeway and listen to tales of the Irish giant, Finn McCool. Visit stone age villages preserved in the sand for thousands of years in the Orkney Islands. Step into scenes from Star Wars: The Last Jedi on the island-hideaway of Luke Skywalker, Skellig Michael. Pay your respects at the cemetery of St Oran, the burial site of numerous Scottish kings. Visit uninhabited islands and listen to the echoing of the sea which inspired Mendelssohn on the island of Staffa. From start to end, each day is packed with new adventures.Your guide for the journey, Peter Smith, hails from County Cork, on the south coast of Ireland where he studied Old English and archaeology. With a passion for birds and the wonders of the natural world combined with his humanities studies, Peter is the perfect guide for your British Isles exploration. Joining Peter is a team of renowned ornithologists, naturalists, historians, archaeologists and more who will be on hand for exciting excursions, educational lectures, and daily recaps to truly make this a trip to remember.
Day 1: Check in to the Hilton London Paddington Hotel, with the rest of the day at
leisure to explore the city.
Day 2: Enjoy Lunch and a Tour of Pourtsmouth before boarding Le Dumont d'Urville.
Day 3: This morning take a stroll through Trebah Garden, and after lunch on board,
take a tour of the Eden Project.
Day 4: Board local boats and cruise to Tresco to visit the ruins and lush,
subtropical gardens of the medieval Tresco Abbey.
Day 5: Ballinskelligs Priory was founded in the 12th century by monks who moved to
the mainland from Skellig Michael after numerous Viking attacks.
Day 6: Drive through scenic countryside to Waterford. Options today include a visit
to the renowned House of Waterford Crystal to watch master craftsmen at work,
or enjoy a tour of Mount Congreve, a magnificent estate with exquisite
Day 7: Board the Isle of Man Steam Railway, and ride through quaint, picturesque
villages en-route to the southern resort of Port Erin.
Day 8: Disembark at Portrush and visit the World Heritage Site of Giant’s
Causeway before go ashore on the Isle of Islay.
Day 9: Spend the morning exploring the uninhabited island of Staffa by Zodiac and
its most famous feature, Fingal’s Cave.
Day 10: Spend the morning at St. Kilda, once home to a small community, before
spending the afternoon cruising among the Flannan Islands.
Day 11: Enjoy visits to the magnificent St. Magnus Cathedral, the enigmatic Standing
Stones of Stenness, the Ring of Brodgar, and Skara Brae.
Day 12: Stroll the narrow streets of Lerwick, cruise to the Isle of Noss, and
vist Mousa to view one of Britain’s finest Iron Age ruins.
Day 13: During your visit, join some of the 70 islanders at their community center
for tea and cakes, and a visit to the local museum.
Day 14: Disembark in Aberdeen this morning, and enjoy a scenic drive to Edinburgh
before a special farewell dinner.
Day 15: Transfer to the airport.
- 12 nights aboard Le Dumont D’Urville, 2 nights hotel , All accommodations
- All onboard meals and group meals ashore, including soft drinks, beer, and wine with lunch and dinner
- Daily activity options including cultural tours, nature walks, and Zodiac cruises
- 135 guest aboard Le Dumont D’Urville
- 2 land days
- 13 days at Sea
- All gratuities
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- Arrival and departure transfers on group dates
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear
- Medical expense coverage and emergency evacuation insurance
- Any international flights to London and from Edinburgh are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wild & Ancient Britain with Ireland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wild & Ancient Britain with Ireland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 29 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Wild & Ancient Britain with Ireland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wild & Ancient Britain with Ireland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.