- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness some of Europe’s largest seabird colonies—puffins, gannets, guillemots, kittiwakes, and more—crowding the dramatic cliffs and rocky offshore islands.
- Visit Giant’s Causeway where some 40,000 closelypacked hexagonal columns descend like a staircase into the sea.
- Discover important Neolithic monuments—the Standing Stones of Stenness; the Ring of Brodgar; and Skara Brae, a wellpreserved Stone Age village.
- Explore a variety of architectural wonders, from Mousa’s Iron Age broch and 12thcentury Iona Abbey to the magnificent St. Magnus Cathedral in Kirkwall.
Witness some of Europe's largest seabird colonies—puffins, gannets, guillemots, kittiwakes, and more—on our return to the British Isles. Visit Giant’s Causeway, Neolithic monuments, and a variety of architectural wonders.Our leaders have visited this region numerous times and will provide valuable insight and commentary on the history, culture, and wildlife of the region. Fascinating lectures, photo presentations, daily recaps, and informal discussions will enhance your understanding and appreciation of the wonders you will see.
Day 1: Check in to the Hilton London Paddington Hotel, with the rest of the day at
leisure to explore the city.
Day 2: Enjoy Lunch and a Tour of Pourtsmouth before boarding Le Dumont d'Urville.
Day 3: This morning take a stroll through Trebah Garden, and after lunch on board,
take a tour of the Eden Project.
Day 4: Board local boats and cruise to Tresco to visit the ruins and lush,
subtropical gardens of the medieval Tresco Abbey.
Day 5: Ballinskelligs Priory was founded in the 12th century by monks who moved to
the mainland from Skellig Michael after numerous Viking attacks.
Day 6: Drive through scenic countryside to Waterford. Options today include a visit
to the renowned House of Waterford Crystal to watch master craftsmen at work,
or enjoy a tour of Mount Congreve, a magnificent estate with exquisite
Day 7: Board the Isle of Man Steam Railway, and ride through quaint, picturesque
villages en-route to the southern resort of Port Erin.
Day 8: Disembark at Portrush and visit the World Heritage Site of Giant’s
Causeway before go ashore on the Isle of Islay.
Day 9: Spend the morning exploring the uninhabited island of Staffa by Zodiac and
its most famous feature, Fingal’s Cave.
Day 10: Spend the morning at St. Kilda, once home to a small community, before
spending the afternoon cruising among the Flannan Islands.
Day 11: Enjoy visits to the magnificent St. Magnus Cathedral, the enigmatic Standing
Stones of Stenness, the Ring of Brodgar, and Skara Brae.
Day 12: Stroll the narrow streets of Lerwick, cruise to the Isle of Noss, and
vist Mousa to view one of Britain’s finest Iron Age ruins.
Day 13: During your visit, join some of the 70 islanders at their community center
for tea and cakes, and a visit to the local museum.
Day 14: Disembark in Aberdeen this morning, and enjoy a scenic drive to Edinburgh
before a special farewell dinner.
Day 15: Transfer to the airport.
- 12 nights aboard Le Dumont D’Urville, 2 nights hotel, All accommodations
- All onboard meals and group meals ashore, including soft drinks, beer, and wine with lunch and dinner
- Daily activity options including cultural tours, nature walks, and Zodiac cruises
- 15 days land only
- 135 guest aboard Le Dumont D’Urville
- All gratuities
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- Arrival and departure transfers on group dates
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear
- Medical expense coverage and emergency evacuation insurance
- Any international flights to London and from Edinburgh are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wild & Ancient Britain with Ireland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 350 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 1248 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 23 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Wild & Ancient Britain with Ireland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wild & Ancient Britain with Ireland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.