- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore London, Chester and Edinburgh with a Local Specialist
- Discover Oxford and Bath
- Visit the Tower of London, Divinity School in Oxford, Lacock village, Llangollen, Tatton Park to meet the butler and housekeeper, the Lake District, the Roman Army Museum, Hadrian's Wall and Edinburgh Castle
- View the scenic Lake District
This blockbuster family adventure is not your usual England and Scotland trip. From living life as a Roman soldier at Hadrian’s Wall to crossing a moat to a 13th-century Welsh castle for a medieval stay, the whole family will love this exciting experience.
Day 1: Welcome to London
Day 2: Discover the Sights of London
Day 3: London Your Way
Day 4: Journey to Oxford and on to Elegant Bath
Day 5: Onwards to Historic Wales and Ruthin Castle
Day 6: Enjoy a Day in Chester
Day 7: Explore a Manor House and Continue to Lancaster
Day 8: Admire Hadrians Wall and on to Edinburgh
Day 9: Uncover Edinburghs Treasures
Day 10: Journey Home
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host when you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 2 Dinners
- 9 Breakfasts
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Kickoff Party
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Any international flights to London and from Edinburgh are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Castles and Kilts tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Castles and Kilts tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 January 2022, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Castles and Kilts tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Castles and Kilts tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 29 people.
- Groups traveling together will be seated together, and face coverings will be required where mandated, otherwise it is the choice of our guests if they wish to wear face coverings when traveling on the coach. Additionally, all surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day, and due to our high performing air filters the air within the coach will be completely filtered and changed every 2-3 minutes
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children aged 5-15, who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.