- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Voodoo A unique opportunity to witness the intriguing and esoteric rituals of West Africa.
- Tamberma Remote fortified dwellings in the Atakora mountains.
- Kloto Scenic highlands and walks in the tropical forest.
- Abomey The impressive Royal palace, a UNESCO Heritage site.
This diverse trip through Benin and Togo is an opportunity to understand tribal cultures directly from a village Chief, discover the varied landscapes and attend the annual Feast of the Yam. Voodoo - A unique opportunity to learn about the intriguing and esoteric rituals of West Africa. Diverse landscapes - Spend a night in a remarkable stilt village on Lake Nokwe and walk through pristine rainforest Village Life - See traditional life up close and meet the friendly people of these two small but mighty West African countries
Day 1 : Join trip in Lome
Day 2 : Lome city tour; Drive to Kpalime
Day 3 : Guided rainforest butterfly walk; fire dance in the evening
Day 4 : Drive to the Bassar region. Visit the clay houses and learn about the iron production
Day 5 : Visit the Kabye region and meet the Tamberma people in the Atakora mountains
Day 6 : Walk in the Atakora Mountain range and meet the Somba people
Day 7 : Drive to Natitingou; discover the town with its museum and market and then relax by the pool
Day 8 : Walk on the Taneka plateau visiting the Yom people. Afternoon drive to Dassa
Day 9 : Visit the town of Dassa and then the Royal Palace of Abomey
Day 10 : See the incredible Egun and Gelede mask ceremonies
Day 11 : Travel to incredible stilt village of Ganvie to spend a night in a stilt guesthouse
Day 12 : Visit Ouidah, the spiritual home of Voodoo; drive to Grand Popo
Day 13 : Zangbeto dancing mask ceremony and afternoon voodoo ceremony
Day 14 : Trip ends in Lome
- 13 Breakfast, 9 Lunch, 2 Dinner
- 9 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple auberge
- 2 nights simple hut
- 1 night simple guesthouse
- Bus, 4WD, Boat
- Explore Tour Leader, Cook, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Lomé are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Benin and Togo Voodoo Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 96+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Benin and Togo Voodoo Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 274 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 19 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Benin and Togo Voodoo Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Benin and Togo Voodoo Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.