- duration 7 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Experience the history of the trail and the villages founded by pilgrims
- Explore Burgos Cathedral and the history of El Cid
- Enjoy the camaraderie of fellow hikers and pilgrims
Follow the Camino Trail from the famous Rioja wine region to the majestic Gothic cathedral of Burgos. Traverse the centuries of time and the borders of Europe on the medieval pilgrim trail of Camino. In the 9th century, the tomb of the apostle St James was unearthed in Santiago. The site became the focus of a pilgrim trail beginning in France, and crossing northern Spain to Santiago de Compostela. This journey, also known as the ‘Way of St James’ winds its way across borders, following in the footsteps of thousands of medieval pilgrims through the beautiful Sierras of Navarre and Aragon. The route passes a multitude of churches and monasteries, resembling a travelling museum of Romanesque art. Five stages of this historic trail are included in our self-guided walking programs.
This part of the Camino takes you through vineyards and to the mythical Montes de Oca and the monumental Santo Domingo de la Calzada. You have the opportunity to visit the archeological site of Atapuerca, very close to the trail. From here there are only 17 kilometres to your destination: Burgos, the city of El Cid. We recommend going back in time by visiting every corner of the majestic Gothic cathedral.
Day 1 : Arrive Logroño
Day 2 : Walk to Najera (7-8hrs, 30km/18.6mi)
Day 3 : Continue to Santo Domingo (5-6hrs, 21km/13mi)
Day 4 : Walk to Belorado (6-7hrs, 23km/14.3mi)
Day 5 : To San Juan de Ortega (8hrs, 24km/15mi)
Day 6 : Arrive Burgos (5-6hrs, 27km/16.8mi)
Day 7 : Trip concludes
- 6 nights in a combination of quality hotels, farmhouse B&Bs and guesthouses on a twin share basis generally with ensuite facilities
- Information pack including route notes, maps & guidebook per room booked
- 6 breakfasts, 6 dinners: breakfasts are usually continental inclusive of breads, cheese, ham, tea, coffee & juices. Dinner will consist of 3 courses, usually starting with a salad, followed by a chicken, red meat, fish or pasta dish & finishing with a dessert of fruit or cakes.
- Luggage transfer (1 bag of 20kg max pp - additional bags and excess weight will attract a surcharge)
- Emergency hotline
- Pilgrim's Passport
- Travel to Logroño and from Burgos
- Items of a personal nature including drinks
- Entrance fees
- Tour guide – this is a self guided walking trip
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Lunch daily
- excess baggage charges - please advise us if you will have more than one bag weighing a max of 20kgs as extra charges will apply for additional pieces of luggage. Please do not tie smaller bags onto your main luggage as we only include one bag and they will be charged as an extra bag. Charges will be higher if not paid when final balance for your trip is due.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 48 today.
- Save US$ 32+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Camino - Logrono to Burgos tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Camino - Logrono to Burgos tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Camino - Logrono to Burgos tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.