- duration 10 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Experiencing breathtaking scenery of high mountain lakes and rugged limestone peaks
- Cycling to the delightful wine growing region, Brda and enjoy a wine tasting dinner
- Exploring the UNESCO listed Skocjan Caves and surrounding landscape
- Visiting the picturesque town of Bled and explore Lake Bohinj
Explore Slovenia's most celebrated landscapes from both land and water. Slovenia encompasses a wealth of stunning natural features from the high peaks of the Julian Alps to the incredible limestone caves, mountain lakes and traditional countryside. This cycle journey has been carefully designed to take in all of the highlights and more, with time to appreciate the unique culture and culinary delights. From Lake Bohinj and the delightful lakeside town of Bled, the cycle continues around the Julian Alps, with a white water rafting experience on the vivid blue waters of the Soca River. In the wine growing region of Brda, known for its excellent white wines, enjoy a special dinner and wine tasting before heading to the massive Skocjan Caves with its underground gorge and interesting landscapes. Ending in the capital city of Ljubljana, there is time to explore the old town and sample the local cuisine.
Day 1 : Transfer Ljubljana to Bohinj Lake
Day 2 : Free day to explore the lake and surrounding mountains by bike or on foot
Day 3 : Cycle to Bohinjska Bistrica and continue by train to Bled (10km/6mi)
Day 4 : Cycle to the ski resort Kranjska Gora (37km/23.5mi)
Day 5 : Cycle from Trenta Valley to the town of Bovec (20km/12.5mi)
Day 6 : Rafting on the Soca River then cycle to Tolmin (40km/25mi)
Day 7 : Continue through the valley and up to the wine region Brda (40km/25mi)
Day 8 : Cycle to Nova Gorica and by train to the UNESCO listed Skocjan Caves (20km/12.5mi)
Day 9 : Cycle through the countryside to Branik, then train to Ljubljana (35km/21.5mi)
Day 10 : In Ljubljana, trip concludes
- 6 nights in 2-3 star apartments/farmhouses, 3 nights in 2-3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Transfer from Ljubljana (airport) to Bohinj, and from the hotel on day 10 to the airport
- 9 breakfasts - continental breakfasts are served and usually consist of breads, jams, coffee and tea
- 1 dinner – wine tasting dinner in the Brda region
- Luggage transfer from Bohinj to Ljubljana (note- you will need to carry your gear from day 3 to day 9)
- Train and bus transfers as per itinerary
- Emergency hotline (we recommend you carry a cell phone during the trip)
- Good quality rental bike for 9 days with panniers to hold your gear and helmet
- White water rafting on the Soca River
- Skocjan cave entrance fee
- Tourist tax and VAT
- Travel to and from Ljubljana
- Lunch and dinner daily (except dinner on day 7) and all beverages (allow 10-15 EUR per meal)
- Luggage transfers from day 3 to day 9
- Items of a personal nature including beverages, laundry, phone calls etc
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 90 today.
- Save US$ 60+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Slovenia Cycle Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Slovenia Cycle Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Slovenia Cycle Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.