- Food tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the major food regions of Istria and Dalmatia to indulge in cured meats, olive oils, wine, truffles, cheese and more.
- Delve into the diverse world of food that lies beneath Slovenia’s fairytale landscape, and find out why this country has more than 20 distinct culinary regions.
- Get to know some of the emerging heroes of the Eastern European wine scene like teran, refosk, grk, marastina and kurtelaska bijela – and try to pronounce them after a few glasses!
- Visit the lush Croatian island of Korcula – surrounded by the sparkling Adriatic and full of local produce, you’ll have time to experience the cuisine and get some wellneeded relaxation on one of its many beaches.
Embark on an 11-day food inspired journey through Slovenia and Croatia and delight in the culinary mastery of this region, while seeing what these countries have to offer. Visit salt pans, a truffle farm, wineries, fishing villages and so much more. Discover why Istria is considered one of the world's leading producers of quality olive oil, eat mouth-watering, slow-cooked meat cooked Dalmatian-style under a metal bell, raise a glass of refosk (Slovenian wine) or slivovitz (plum brandy) with your small group, and shout ‘zivjeli!’ to the simple, home-style cuisine this region is famous for.
all in all a great tour.”
Bled / Ljubljana
Piran / Motovun
Plitvice National Park / Rakovica
Pag Island to Zadar
- Hotel (8 nights), Guesthouse (1 night), Boutique Hostel (1 night)
- 10 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Private Vehicle , Public Bus , Ferry , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Ljubljana - Zganje Tasting
- Bled - Day Trip by Public Bus
- Bled - Kremsnita Tasting
- Ljubljana - Slovenian Cooking Class
- Piran - Tasting Tour and Lunch
- Motovun - Truffle Hunt and Tasting
- Rovinj – Day Trip
- Plitvice Lakes - National Park Visit
- Rakovica - Home-cooked meal
- Pag Island - Cheese Tasting
- Split - Old Town Food and Culture Tour
- Zrnovo - Cooking Class
- Dubrovnik - Dubrovnik Card (1 day local transport and entry to sites)
- Any international flights to Ljubljana and from Dubrovnik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Slovenia & Croatia Real Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 111+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Slovenia & Croatia Real Food Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 June 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Slovenia & Croatia Real Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Slovenia & Croatia Real Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of this region's cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. If you have dietary requirements, simply contact your agent at the time of booking for further information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed!
- The Croatian coast is also very hilly and mountainous, so many steps are a feature of the landscape. You will have to be able to easily lift your luggage and carry it up and down stairs and inclines, so packing light is recommended. Also, stone streets become very slippery when wet. Some people may find Croatia's topography very demanding.
- Don’t let the heat keep you from exploring the world! Summer temperatures can be extreme in many of the regions visited (over 40°C), which can be uncomfortable. It’s important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Please carefully consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
- You may also want to consider our trip Slovenia to Macedonia Real Food Adventure if you have more time to explore the food of this region.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Climate and seasonal