- duration 16 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Seven countries See many of the nations of Former Yugoslavia, that are now found in the captivating Balkans
- Multiple capital cities Visit seven diverse cities and discover their varying history and culture
- Rail journeys Including one of the most visually stunning train rides in Europe on the Bar to Belgrade line
- Plitvice National Park See the beautiful scenery, waterfalls and lakes
Explore Europe's newest countries; travelling by rail through some of the Balkan's most inspiring scenery. This fast paced trip gets under the skin of Tito's Yugoslavia to experience thriving cities that remain undiscovered by most travellers. Rail journeys - Travel by local train including the Bar to Belgrade line; one of the most stunning rail trips in Europe Plitvice National Park - See the many cascading waterfalls, shimmering lakes and extensive fauna Mostar - Discover the bazaars and mosques in the winding cobbled streets and the famed Stari Most Bridge
Day 1 : Join trip in Ljubljana, Slovenia
Day 2 : Explore Ljubljana on foot; chance to visit beautiful Lake Bled
Day 3 : Free morning in Ljubljana; train to Zagreb, Croatia
Day 4 : Walking tour of Zagreb; visit to beautiful Plitvice National Park
Day 5 : Travel to Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Day 6 : Walking tour of Sarajevo; chance to visit the Tunnel Museum
Day 7 : Scenic rail trip to Mostar with a walking tour on arrival
Day 8 : Visit Old Town Dubrovnik and the Bay of Kotor en route to Podgorica
Day 9 : Scenic train journey to Belgrade, Serbia
Day 10 : Excursion to Novi Sad; traditional Serbian barbeque dinner
Day 11 : Walking tour of Belgrade; drive to Skopje, North Macedonia
Day 12 : Orientation tour of Skopje; traditional North Macedonian dinner
Day 13 : Train to Bitola and visit to the ancient city of Heraclea
Day 14 : Journey to Ohrid with an afternoon boat ride on the lake
Day 15 : Visit to Mavrovo National Park en route to Pristina, Kosovo
Day 16 : Trip ends in Pristina
- 15 nights comfortable hotel
- 15 Breakfast, 3 Dinner
- Bus, Boat, Ferry, Public Bus, Taxi, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Ljubljana and from Pristina are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Balkans Rail Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 122 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 81 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 231 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 19 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Balkans Rail Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Balkans Rail Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.