- duration 16 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- In the spirit of Livingstone, this trip is for those who enjoy a liberal dose of adventure
- Spot wildlife in Kuti Wildlife Reserve
- Camp on the banks of the Luangwa River
- Snorkel in and & enjoy the beaches of Lake Malawi
A journey through Zambia to the warm heart of Africa and the picturesque Lake Malawi. Experience the relaxed pace of these lesser travelled African nations on this exciting journey across Zambia and Malawi. Along the way you will be treated to some of Africa's best wildlife viewing opportunities, on foot, by safari vehicle and even from a canoe as you glide down the Zambezi, the warmth of Malawi's people and its little known scenic beauties. It's easy to appreciate why David Livingstone devoted his life to this part of Africa and its people and along the way you will be reminded of his legacy. In the spirit of Livingstone, this trip is for those who enjoy a liberal dose of adventure and a variety of experiences and provides much of what travellers have come to expect from an African adventure with numerous opportunities for wildlife spotting, but also allows you to see that there is much more to Africa than the big 5.
Day 1 : Join Livingstone
Day 2 : Kafue River (505 kms; 8 hrs)
Day 3 : Lower Zambezi Canoeing
Day 4 : Lower Zambezi Canoeing
Day 5 : Lusaka and the Great East Road (570 kms; 9.5 hrs)
Day 6-8 : South Luangwa National Park (330 kms; 5 hrs)
Day 9 : Kuti Wildlife Reserve (390 kms; 6.5 hrs)
Day 10-11 : Mulanje Massif (350 kms; 5.5 hrs)
Day 12-13 : Liwonde Game Reserve (190 kms; 3 hrs)
Day 14-15 : Lake Malawi (160 kms; 3 hrs)
Day 16 : To Lilongwe, trip concludes on arrival (260 kms; 4 hrs)
- 15 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 7 dinners
- Private transport in custom built 4wd safari vehicle
- English speaking local guide
- 11 nights in guest houses, chalets and tented lodges on a twinshare basis
- 4 nights limited participation camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent and mattress (sleeping bag and pillow not included)
- Game drives and excursions as listed in itinerary
- National park fees and site entrance fees as listed in itinerary
- Local cash payment of US$300 payable to tour leader on day 1
- International flights and airport taxes
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature (i.e laundry, phone calls, tips, etc)
- Optional activities
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 165 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 109 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 312 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 25 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Livingstone's Africa - Zambia & Malawi Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Livingstone's Africa - Zambia & Malawi Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.