- Learn about the traditional fishermen's way of life
- Visit the Livramento Market, considered by USA Today as one of the best in the world
- Lunch in Setúbal at a typical fisherman´s restaurant
- Taste a special liqueurs, regional Azeitão cheese and different sweets
After crossing Lisbon´s old bridge, head to Fonte da Telha Beach, home to an old fishing village. Learn about the fisherman's traditional way of life and different fishing techniques on a beach surrounded by cliffs and pine forests.
Later on, travel along the coast to the Arrábida Mountain Range where you can see the breathtaking views of the Sado estuary, which is listed as one of the most beautiful bays of the world.
Driving down the Arrábida Mountain arrival at the city of Setúbal, where you will visit the Livramento Market (established in 1930).
This market was considered in June/2015 by USA Today Travel (Food & Wine), as one of the best fish markets of the world. The market’s distinctive tiled walls are called “Azulejos”. Comprised of 5,700 decorative tile pieces, the wall panels measure about 1,259 square feet and depict scenes of everyday local activities such as fishing and farming. You will see an assortment of local seafood laid out on counters and get to know how fish actually look like…
Sardines are a favorite at the market. According to the Portuguese National Tourist Office, 13 sardines are eaten per second in Portugal during the month of June.
To end your experience, you will lunch at a typical family run fisherman´s restaurant where you will eat a delicious and traditional Mediterranean meal.
After lunch and before heading back to Lisbon, you’ll stop to taste a special liqueur, that can only be found in this region, and that is made according to a 400-year-old recipe. Finally you will also be able to taste the regional Azeitão cheese, homemade bread and different sweets that you have probably never tried.
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel in Lisbon or the cruise port
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van
- Traditional fisherman´s Lunch
- Liqueurs tasting, cheese, and traditional sweets
- Private guide
- Any other items not mentioned in the description
• This tour is subject to adverse weather conditions
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.