- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1-79 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-32278
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Starts/Ends Lisbon, Portugal/ Porto, Portugal
- Enjoy sightseeing tours of Portugal's main cities in small groups
- Go for an evening fado experience in Lisbon
- Discover Évora during a small group tour
- Explore the Douro Valley and taste its famous wine
This itinerary has been tailored with active days full of history, culture and gastronomy as well as some free time to relax and explore what Portugal has to offer at your own pace! Plus, traveling in a small group with like-minded people is always interesting, which makes this an ideal trip for all sorts of travelers, from couples to families.
To go through the itinerary section, please scroll down.
Day 1: Welcome to Portugal
Day 2: Lisbon sightseeing tour
Day 3: Lisbon’s surrounding
Day 4: Free day in Lisbon
Day 5: Exploring Alentejo
Day 6: Head north
Day 7: The enchanted valley
Day 8: The Minho region
Day 9: Free day in Porto
Day 10: Porto departure
- Meals: 9 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch & 1 Dinner
- Pickup and drop-off transfers on the first and the last day of the tour. Transport during the trip in air-conditioned vehicles with wi-fi, mineral water and an English-speaking driver
- Train tickets from Lisbon to Porto
- An experienced, English-speaking tour guide during tours. Tour guides in other languages available on request
- Small-group tours and experiences unless otherwise indicated
- Fado experience in Lisbon
- Olive oil tasting in Évora
- Wine tasting in the Douro Valley
- International airfare
- Portugal visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Anything mentioned optional in the itinerary
- Meals, services and activities not mentioned in the "What's Included" section
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Earn US$ 70+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Where to travel in Europe?
Europe has swathes of spectacular landscapes, a rich history, and vibrant cultures. Therefore, deciding on the best travel destinations on the continent can be difficult. However, you can narrow down on highlights by choosing one overarching theme for your trip.
If you are looking forward to immersing yourself in art and history, then Italy, Spain, and France should be on the top of your list. Head for Switzerland, Norway, or Croatia if nature is what you love the most. For beaches and water sports, you will be hard-pressed to find better destinations than Greece, Portugal, and Montenegro.
Having said that, you can also diversify your itinerary by mixing and matching different elements of the same country. Italy tops the charts not just for its medieval monuments and Renaissance art but also for coastal scenery and sun-soaked beaches. Similarly, Spain is a foodie paradise as much as it is an architectural hotspot.
How to travel around Europe cheap?
Bus services like FlixBus and BusAbout offer a convenient means of transport if you wish to move from one city to another within the same country. Although these services do travel between countries, they might not be the best choice due to a longer travel time.
Budget airlines are another great way to get around Europe’s major cities, especially when you want to cut down on travel time between two countries. Keep an eye out and you might be able to snag tickets at unbelievable rates. Services like Skyscanner can be of help. Some of the largest budget airlines in the continent are Ryanair, WizzAir, Eurowings, and EasyJet.
Ridesharing services are a godsend for those wishing to immerse themselves in local culture as they offer you the chance to catch a ride with locals along the way. BlaBlaCar is the largest one. The only downside is that it is not always as easy to book a rideshare service as it is to catch a bus or hop on a budget flight.
What is the best travel insurance for Europe?
There are dozens of insurance companies offering travel insurance, which can make it difficult for you to choose the right one.
There are a number of things that you should be aware of while purchasing travel insurance. If it is comprehensive medical insurance plans that you are interested in, make sure to find out what all the plan covers. If you are concerned about certain scenarios, then check out customizable travel insurance policies and find out if the provider can cover you for those situations. You also need to determine if there are reasonable coverage limits. Check deductibles and compensation limits in the insurance policy for this.
While insurance is important, it is mostly a safeguard against emergencies. If you are on a budget, you can go with the second- or even third-best option and prioritize getting your money’s worth instead of purchasing the most comprehensive coverage.