- Travel to Lisbon to visit the Monastery of Jeronimos and try a traditional pastel de nata in Belem
- See the massive Atlantic waves of Nazare and admire the elegant gothic architecture of Batalha
- Take the opportunity to head on a boat ride on the Douro River in Porto, the “City of Bridges”
- Discover the most popular Christian pilgrimage destination in Portugal with a scenic trip to Fatima
- Go swimming and sunbathing in the Algarve as you unwind on Portugal’s most beautiful beaches
- Explore Faro, known for its wellpreserved Old Town, rich history, and exhilarating nightlife scene
- Show more
Let yourself be swept away into a world with endless possibilities with this 12-day small-group tour of Portugal! Your journey will begin in Lisbon, a captivating coastal city known for its colorful buildings, famous landmarks, and twisting cobblestone streets. From there you will travel to Obidos to see the hilltop castle and admire the city's medieval fortifications before you explore the typical fishing village of Nazare, where you can see some of the largest ocean waves in the world. visit the Batalha Monastery, a magnificent World Heritage Site, and explore Fatima, a famous pilgrimage destination where the Virgin Mary is believed to have appeared in 1917. Your next stop will be in Coimbra, bathed by the beautiful Mondego River, before you visit Aveiro, the "Venice of Portugal" known for its picturesque canals and colorfully painted boats. Travel to Porto, a breathtaking coastal city situated by the Douro River and one of the top travel destinations in Europe thanks to its beautiful scenery, scrumptious cuisine, and thriving art scene! Next, you will make your way back to Lisbon and then to the Algarve beach Area, where sunny skies, gorgeous coastlines, and golden beaches are commonplace. Take some time to lay back and relax on one of the most beautiful beaches in the area, and head on a trip to Faro, where you will explore the Old Town and see the Arco da Vila. Your small-group tour of Portugal will come to an end in the Algarve!
Day 1: Arrival In Lisbon
Day 2: Lisbon
Day 3: Lisbon Obidos Nazare Batalha Fatima Coimbra
Day 4: Coimbra Aveiro Porto
Day 5: Porto
Day 6: Porto Fatima Lisbon
Day 7: Lisbon Arrabida Algarve Area
Day 8: Half A Day Tour Of Faro
Day 9: Algarve Area
Day 10: Algarve Area
Day 11: Algarve Hotel Faro
- 10 nights’ accommodation on a twin sharing basis at superior hotels or similar
- Arrival transfer from Airport to hotel in Lisbon
- Departure transfers from hotel to Faro airport
- Transfer from Lisbon hotel to hotel in Algarve Area
- Daily breakfast
- All Private transportation by deluxe AC vehicles
- Service of English-speaking tour guides
- All Sightseeing as per the itinerary in Lisbon, Coimbra, Porto and Fatima
- Half a day tour of Faro while in Algarve
- Most Local applicable taxes
- All Entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Items of personal nature, tips, and gratuities
- Local city taxes in Porto and Lisbon
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees if applicable
- Items not mentioned as being included
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 42+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Marvelous Portugal tour. You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 74 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 December 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 December 2022, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 74 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Marvelous Portugal tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Marvelous Portugal tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travelers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed throughout the tour.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Where to travel in Europe?
Europe has swathes of spectacular landscapes, a rich history, and vibrant cultures. Therefore, deciding on the best travel destinations on the continent can be difficult. However, you can narrow down on highlights by choosing one overarching theme for your trip.
If you are looking forward to immersing yourself in art and history, then Italy, Spain, and France should be on the top of your list. Head for Switzerland, Norway, or Croatia if nature is what you love the most. For beaches and water sports, you will be hard-pressed to find better destinations than Greece, Portugal, and Montenegro.
Having said that, you can also diversify your itinerary by mixing and matching different elements of the same country. Italy tops the charts not just for its medieval monuments and Renaissance art but also for coastal scenery and sun-soaked beaches. Similarly, Spain is a foodie paradise as much as it is an architectural hotspot.
How to travel around Europe cheap?
Bus services like FlixBus and BusAbout offer a convenient means of transport if you wish to move from one city to another within the same country. Although these services do travel between countries, they might not be the best choice due to a longer travel time.
Budget airlines are another great way to get around Europe’s major cities, especially when you want to cut down on travel time between two countries. Keep an eye out and you might be able to snag tickets at unbelievable rates. Services like Skyscanner can be of help. Some of the largest budget airlines in the continent are Ryanair, WizzAir, Eurowings, and EasyJet.
Ridesharing services are a godsend for those wishing to immerse themselves in local culture as they offer you the chance to catch a ride with locals along the way. BlaBlaCar is the largest one. The only downside is that it is not always as easy to book a rideshare service as it is to catch a bus or hop on a budget flight.
What is the best travel insurance for Europe?
There are dozens of insurance companies offering travel insurance, which can make it difficult for you to choose the right one.
There are a number of things that you should be aware of while purchasing travel insurance. If it is comprehensive medical insurance plans that you are interested in, make sure to find out what all the plan covers. If you are concerned about certain scenarios, then check out customizable travel insurance policies and find out if the provider can cover you for those situations. You also need to determine if there are reasonable coverage limits. Check deductibles and compensation limits in the insurance policy for this.
While insurance is important, it is mostly a safeguard against emergencies. If you are on a budget, you can go with the second- or even third-best option and prioritize getting your money’s worth instead of purchasing the most comprehensive coverage.