- Taste the wines of Portugal's Cheleiros and Bucelas wine lands
- Visit 2 different wine cellars to sample a variety of Portuguese wines
- Learn about a wine that was long thought to be extinct
- Marvel at the picturesque villages and vineyards north of Lisbon
Leaving Lisbon, you will reach Cheleiros, an old parish dated back to 1304. Here lived some of the first prehistoric communities and was home to many past civilizations, mainly Roman. In this historic village you will have a chance to taste some of the region´s wines, like those produced by ManzWines - a small local producer. With the wish of reviving the wine activity of the region, this family uses traditional Portuguese grape varieties. A very especial one, is the production of a white wine made solely with Jampal grapes.
A grape variety that was until very recently, thought to be extinct. Here you will taste 6 different wines from regions ranging from Lisbon to Douro and the Península de Setúbal. Before leaving you will also have time to try the region’s olive oil and traditional bread.
Afterwards you will travel to Quinta da Murta in Bucelas. Here you have the so-called “prince of Portuguese wine” the famous dry white wine produced from the Arinto grape variety. Arinto was first introduced in the region by the Romans over 2000 years ago and is still cultivated today. In fact it was in for many centuries the only white wine in Portugal. You could say it was the wine of Portuguese kings and of the British royals.
Here you will taste 3 different wines from this region.
Portuguese sailors, of Vasco de Gama’s flagship São Gabriel, celebrated their return to Portugal after having discovered the sea route to India by enjoying a great Bucelas wine.
Before returning to Lisbon, you will taste 3 different wines from this producer. All the while you will get to visit the villages and get to know the history of the regions.
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel or the cruise ship terminal in Lisbon
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van
- Entrance fees
- Wine, olive oil, and traditional bread tastings
- Bottled water
- Private guide
- Lunch and any other item or service not mentioned in "what's included"
• Please note that if you are on a shore excursion from the cruise port, the tour times are flexible
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.