- Fátima Sanctuary
- Nazaré, a traditional fishing village
- Batalha Monastery (UNESCO World Heritage)
- Alcobaça Monastery (UNESCO World Heritage)
Hereafter we head onto the picturesque and colourful fishing town of Nazaré for lunch. There’s also the chance to find out something about the legends and traditions of this town. When possible, we go to Sítio, to marvel at its wonderful views out over Nazaré and its beaches. We then move on to Batalha to visit the monastery church (also UNESCO world heritage), a Gothic masterpiece with the most finely worked stained-glass windows.
Finally, we reach the Our Lady of Fátima Sanctuary, an altar of the Christian faith and site of world pilgrimage. There is also the Chapel of Apparitions with its portrayal of Our Lady of Fátima. Take the time also for the location of the Basilica with the tombs of the three witnesses, and the Church of the Holy Trinity, the fourth largest in the world by capacity. Here you have some some free time to attend mass, if of interest. Travelling through this colourful agricultural region, we return to Lisbon.
This is a packed programme, but you will get to see a lot of interesting attractions. We are looking forward to taking you there.
- Pickup at any Lisbon Hotel
- Guided Tour
- Lunch at an Ocean view Restaurant (optional)
- Personal Expenses
- For clients staying at Estoril Coast, Sintra and Cascais area hotels, we offer pick up and drop off service (for an additional charge of 8€)