- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 8
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore Evora, the capital of Portugal's Alentejo region
- See the major architectural highlights around Giraldo Square
Then head for one of the major landmarks of Portugal, the Roman Temple, also known as the Temple of Diana. Its imposing front, with 14 columns of well-preserved granite, astonishes those who see it for the first time. Next, you will see the Bones Chapel, a dark place for some and a fascinating place for others. The chapel consists of hundreds of skulls and bones of around 5,000 monks and dating back to the sixteenth century.
Take a short break (you can enjoy lunch if you want to) before heading out to see the Cathedral of Evora, a Roman-Gothic church from the 12th century. You can even climb the church tower to enjoy a breathtaking view of the city and the fields surrounding it if you want to.
Time to head for a vineyard next. With its unique climate conditions, the vineyards of the region produce some of the best wines in Portugal. Taste the best that Alentejo has to offer. We will stop in Arraiolos and marvel at its magnificent castle wall and famous carpets on the way back to Lisbon. You can grab a souvenir if you want to.
Please note that entrance fees to the sites mentioned are not included in the tour price.
- Pickup and drop off. All transport by a private minivan
- Experienced guide/driver available in the following languages: English, French, Portuguese & Spanish
- One wine tasting
- Entrance fees to the monuments
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.