- duration 7 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 8-95 yrs
- max group size 2
- Tour Code BM-39283
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Explore the Alfama District in Lisbon as you stroll through the cobblestone streets
- Pay a visit to the Jeronimos Monastery and see the Belem Tower, 2 UNESCO sites
- Visit Sintra and Cascais as you take the opportunity to explore Western Portugal
- Sip on famous port wines from the Douro Valley with an optional wine tasting tour
- Soak up the lively energy of Porto, home to many bars, restaurants, and nightclubs
- Take the opportunity to go on a breathtaking boat ride on the Douro River in Porto
- Show more
At the very western tip of Europe discover captivating cobblestone streets, grand and golden beaches, and world-class wines on this tour of Portugal! Your journey will begin in Lisbon, the perfect place to learn about Portuguese history and to see a fascinating mix of gothic architectural styles. Between the Jeronomis Monastery, Praca de Comercio, and Museu Colecao Berardo, the Portuguese capital is home to many famous sites and prominent museums which will keep you busy for days! See the Belem Tower, a legendary landmark for which Portugal is famous or head to the Museu Calouste Gulbenkian to discover a fascinating global art collection. From there you will take the train to Porto, a captivating coastal city, and the perfect place to taste fresh seafood and sip on fine port wine. Book a cruise on the Douro River for a truly delightful experience, admire the six gorgeous bridges which the city is famous for. See the beautiful baroque interiors of the to Church of Sao Francisco or set out to explore the Jardins do Palacio de Cristal, beautiful Victorian gardens in the heart of the city. Make your way down Avenida dos Aliados and watch the sunset over the river before your tour of Portugal comes to an end!
Day 1: Lisbon Arrival
Day 2: Lisbon
Day 3: Lisbon
Day 4: Lisbon – Porto
Day 5: Porto
Day 6: Porto
Day 7: Porto –
- 06 Nights’ accommodation on a twin sharing basis at listed Standard hotels or similar
- One-way train ticket in standard class from Lisbon to Porto
- All currently applicable local taxes
- Items of a personal nature, tips, and gratuities
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Items not mentioned as being included
- Earn US$ 18+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential Portugal tour. You can cancel the tour up to 78 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 77 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 February 2024, a deposit of 30% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 77 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Essential Portugal tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential Portugal tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.IS THIS A CHILD FRIENDLY TOUR? ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS?
All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age for children on escorted tours is 8. Minimum age on Safaris is 12. Minimum age for game drives in Kruger National Park (South Africa) is 12. Minimum age for Uganda programs is 15.Please note that many countries have adopted practices to prevent international abductions of children. If a person under the age of 18 years will be travelling with an adult other than his/her parents, or with only one parent, a notarized letter, granting authorization to travel, including the dates of travel should be carried.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travelers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed throughout the tour.