- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Take in the glacial alpine scenery along the Huayhuash circuit.
- Challenge yourself and conquer highaltitude mountain passes.
- Sleep in tents under the stars in the remote wilderness.
Comparable to the Himalayas and the Rockies in terms of snow-capped alpine beauty, Peru’s Cordillera Huayhuash is a mountain climber's dream come true. Located in one of the most remote sections of the Andes, our abbreviated version of the circuit asks a lot from those who trek it. Rest assured that your mountain guide has all the expertise, equipment, and encouragement needed to get the most out of these majestic peaks. Great on its own, this trip gets even better when paired with a Machu Picchu trek or any other Peru-based adventure.
Day 1: Lima
Day 2: Lima/Huaraz
Day 3: Huaraz
Day 4: Huaraz/Cuartelhuain
Day 5: Cuartelhuain/Loma Ollocuyoc
Day 6: Loma Ollocuyoc/Laguna Carhuacocha
Day 7: Laguna Carhuacocha/Cordillera Huayhuash
Day 8: Cordillera Huayhuash/Huanacpatay
Day 9: Huanacpatay/Huantiac
Day 10: Huantiac/Laguna Jahuacocha
Day 11: Laguna Jahuacocha/Chiquian
Day 12: Chiquian/Lima
Day 13: Lima
- Hotels (5 nts), camping (7 nts).
10 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners
Note: Allow USD170-225 for meals not included.
- Public bus, private van, hiking.
- G Adventures Representative in Lima, specialist Huayhuash guide on hike.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Trek the Huayhuash circuit with a local guide (7 days)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Lima are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trekking the Huayhuash Circuit tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trekking the Huayhuash Circuit tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 August 2021, a deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trekking the Huayhuash Circuit tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trekking the Huayhuash Circuit tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 5 - ChallengingSerious high-altitude hikes, cycling, or other instances of heavy exercise. Come prepared to sweat a bit.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.