- Active and outdoor
- Train tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Machu Picchu Travel by train to the 'Lost City', one of the New Seven Wonders of the World
- Cusco Explore the ancient capital city of the Incas
- Arequipa A chance to discover the fascinating Santa Catalina Convent and the magnificent Colca Canyon
- Lake Titicaca Traverse the highest navigable lake in the world, visiting Uros and Taquile Islands
Using some simple hotels, public transport and with ample free time to choose your own adventure, this is a great way to see Peru on a shoestring. Not only discovering the highlights, including Machu Picchu and the majestic Colca Canyon, this trip gets you to the heart of Peru, with a homestay on Lake Titicaca and a trip to one of Cusco's best food markets. Machu Picchu - Take a mountain train to the ancient citadel, quite simply one of the world's most astonishing sites Lake Titicaca - Visit the 'floating islands' of Uros, made entirely from reeds, and stay in a local house on Taquile Island Colca Canyon - Watch the enormous condors soaring over the mouth of this jaw-dropping canyon
Day 1 : Join trip in Lima
Day 2 : Public bus to Nazca
Day 3 : In Nazca; optional view Nazca Lines from viewing platform or Chauchilla pre-Inca cemetery, overnight bus to Arequipa
Day 4 : Arrive Arequipa; Free afternoon for sightseeing
Day 5 : Travel to Chivay, optional hot springs
Day 6 : Visit the Colca Canyon, continue to Puno
Day 7 : Boat trip on Lake Titicaca; visit Uros Islands and overnight on Taquile Island
Day 8 : Morning on Taquile Island, afternoon return to Puno
Day 9 : Public bus to Cusco
Day 10 : Orientation tour of Cusco, rest of the day free
Day 11 : Train to Aguas Calientes; visit Machu Picchu
Day 12 : More time to discover Machu Picchu (optional); train back to Cusco
Day 13 : In Cusco; optional whitewater rafting
Day 14 : Trip ends in Cusco
- 8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- El Tambo Two (1 night)
- Oro Viejo Hotel (1 night)
- Overnight Bus from Nazca to Arequipa (1 night)
- Casona Plaza Colonial (1 night)
- Pozo del Cielo (1 night)
- Qelqatani Hotel (2 nights)
- Taquile Village House (1 night)
- Centenario Inn (4 nights)
- Adventure House (1 night)
- Public Bus
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Lima and from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Simply Peru tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 67+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Simply Peru tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Simply Peru tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Simply Peru tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.