- Walking tour
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The Inca Trail Fully supported fourday trek following the classic Inca Trail
- Machu Picchu Discover one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, surrounded by cloudforest
- Cusco Explore ancient capital city of the Incas
- Arequipa Discover the fascinating Santa Catalina Convent
Combine Peru's stunning highlights with trekking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Journey to the mysterious Nazca Lines, to the 'White City' of Arequipa, see the impressive Colca Canyon and spend a night on Taquile Island before reaching the former Inca capital of Cusco. Colca Canyon - See giant condors fly above one of the world's deepest canyons Lake Titicaca - Spend the night in a village guesthouse Machu Picchu - Discover one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, surrounded by cloud forest Quarry Trail - When Inca permits have sold out we are offering the Quarry Trek. Experience spectacular views on this quieter alternative route, joining the Inca Trail to trek into Machu Picchu
Day 1 : Join trip Lima, afternoon tour
Day 2 : Visit Pachacamac. Drive to Paracas National Park
Day 3 : Optional boat trip to Islas Ballestas. Continue to Nazca
Day 4 : Journey inland through the Andean mountains to Arequipa
Day 5 : Explore Peru's 'White City'. Visit Santa Catalina Convent
Day 6 : Continue to the town of Chivay. Optional afternoon walk in the Colca Valley
Day 7 : Walk along the Colca Canyon
Day 8 : Condor viewing. Drive to Puno on the shore of Lake Titicaca
Day 9 : Boat to Taquile. Stay in island village house
Day 10 : Island walk. Return to Puno by boat
Day 11 : Drive through mountains to Ollanta via Raqchi Temple
Day 12 : Free day in Sacred Valley. Optional whitewater rafting or walk to Moray
Day 13 : Commence Inca Trail walking to Llaqtapata ruins or walking to the site of Q'orimarca on the Quarry Trail
Day 14 : Follow the river to Llulluchapampa on the Inca Trail or cross Kuychicasa pass (4,450m) and visit Intipunku site on the Quarry Trail
Day 15 : Cross 'Dead Woman's Pass' (4,200m), hike through cloudforest to Phuyupatamarca on the Inca Trail or descend to Ollantaytambo on the Quarry Trail
Day 16 : Arrive to Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate
Day 17 : Revisit Machu Picchu. Return to Ollantaytambo by train.
Day 18 : Walking tour of Cusco. Visit to Sacsayhuaman
Day 19 : Trip ends in Cusco
- 18 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Britania Hotel (1 night)
- El Mirador Hotel (1 night)
- Oro Viejo Hotel (1 night)
- Casona Plaza Colonial (2 nights)
- Casa Andina Standard Colca - Chivay (2 nights)
- Qelqatani Hotel (2 nights)
- Taquile Village House (1 night)
- Hotel Tikawasi Valley (2 nights)
- Campsite (2 nights)
- Campsite or Hotel (1 night)
- El Santuario Hotel (1 night)
- Yawar Inka Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader / Trek Guide
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Lima and from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Peru In Depth and the Inca Trail tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 129+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Peru In Depth and the Inca Trail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Peru In Depth and the Inca Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Peru In Depth and the Inca Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.